Pristine M20J 201 For Sale New paint, Interior, Engine, Avionics

JCD

For Sale:  Immaculate 1978 M20J 201! Newer Paint (9 out of 10), Newer Interior (9 out of 10), All Glass Avionics, New Engine, Low Time Prop! You
won't find a better value on the market for a pristine M20J 201.
This is a turn key aircraft with exceptional maintenance history. Fly 150kts True Airspeed at 8.7GPH ROP!! This Aircraft won't last long as you
won't find a better cared for and equipped Mooney 201 on the market. Last two owners have always hangared aircraft. Aircraft is in Arizona.

I am selling the Airplane to go to a high performance airplane. This is an excellent Aircraft that I have poured a bunch of money and time into.

Give me a call if you have any questions:  Justin Dyster; 480-254-7627

Complete logbooks and additional pictures available at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/642e57qb1mcyy9l/AACoHGxIg6K0GVlRZSnqDPpQa?dl=0   

Trade-A-Plane: https://www.trade-a-plane.com/search?category_level1=Single+Engine+Piston&make=MOONEY&model=M20J+201&listing_id=2256517&s-type=aircraft

N33YZ_Spec-Sheet_3202017.pdf

• Like 2

Very nice.  Did Aerocomfort do the interior?  I like the non-black glareshield; that really brightens the interior.

Yes Aero Comfort did the interior.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope. I have owned the plane for two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it's been a year and a half. It was bought so I could build time for insurance purposes to move up to a high performance aircraft and be able to get the insurance.

1 hour ago, JCD said:

I guess it's been a year and a half. It was bought so I could build time for insurance purposes to move up to a high performance aircraft and be able to get the insurance.

So....what are you upgrading to?? :)

So....what are you upgrading to??

I love my Mooney and wish I could have found a 6 cylinder Mooney with 1100-1200 lb useable load but I think I have a better chance catching a Unicorn. So I am going to go to a Piper Comanche 260B.

Thats the highest priced J yet. Looks like you added the purchase price plus the cost of the engine and all the expenses to date, to come up with a value.

Anyways, I have flown it with the previous owner and its truly a pristine aircraft. The previous owner simply did not go for anything but the best possible.  best of luck,

Edited by jetdriven
  • Like 2

Just now, jetdriven said:

Thats the highest priced J I have ever seen. Looks like you added the purchase price plus the cost of the engine and all the expenses to date, to come up with a value.

Definately a tad rich for a J but a beautiful example none the less. 

Try taking a J, doing all of the Dugosh airframe upgrades that were done during multiple annuals ($???), doing that panel ($50,000+), full Aero Comfort Interior ($15,000+), Tejas paint ($25,000+), and then doing then engine ($30,000+). .  I'd be surprised if you didn't have every bit of that into it if you do it to this level.

• Like 1

I realize that - that wasn't my point. If someone takes a original J and does all that, to that level, they would have every bit of that into it. Where is it written that everyone that owns an airplane and sells it has to lose money on it? Values on primo example airplanes have nudged up in the past couple years.

• Like 1

I've spent a great deal of money on my J to build her into the airplane I want to fly at this point in my life. What she will bring back in dollars when I sell her a few years from now is not as important as the pleasure derived in the process, and in the flying of a very fine Mooney. I'm sure that when I decide to sell, someone will appreciate the airplane, and that the selling price will reflect that - certainly not all the costs incurred, but still in the upper range for a J model.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, jetdriven said:

Thats the highest priced J yet.

In six months I have already exceeded his price in the cost of what we are doing to a J.

Edited by Rmag
  • Like 1

That very well might be the nicest J any where in the country.  It's certainly the nicest one for sale. Unfortunately with any highly upgraded vehicle, the upgrades tend to be very personal and don't necessarily match another owners priorities.  

If it were my airplane, I wouldn't have spent money on a third Aspen panel. I'd also have an EDM-900 instead of the 830. Then you wouldn't need all the EI gauges either. With those savings, you could have easily done a GTX330ES and had ADSB Out. A 530 instead of the 430 makes for a much nicer GPS. And finally, at least add attitude hold to the STEC30. Or better yet, upgrade the STEC30 to something that can couple to an approach like the 55 or 60. 

To me, that all makes more sense than $25K on paint and another $15K on interior. But then that's just me.

Oh, and while the hangar rash was being repaired prior to paint, I'd have added the later J wing tips. They just add so much to the finished look. Especially if I was putting $25K into the paint.

It is a beautiful airplane though. There are always compromises, and with a highly upgraded airplane, the compromises are personal and don't always translate. But the J is one of the best airplanes ever made, and it's always worth keeping them up. This one is a perfect example and will make someone a very nice airplane.

• Like 4

That very well might be the nicest J any where in the country.  It's certainly the nicest one for sale. Unfortunately with any highly upgraded vehicle, the upgrades tend to be very personal and don't necessarily match another owners priorities.  
If it were my airplane, I wouldn't have spent money on a third Aspen panel. I'd also have an EDM-900 instead of the 830. Then you wouldn't need all the EI gauges either. With those savings, you could have easily done a GTX330ES and had ADSB Out. A 530 instead of the 430 makes for a much nicer GPS. And finally, at least add attitude hold to the STEC30. Or better yet, upgrade the STEC30 to something that can couple to an approach like the 55 or 60. 
To me, that all makes more sense than $25K on paint and another $15K on interior. But then that's just me.
Oh, and while the hangar rash was being repaired prior to paint, I'd have added the later J wing tips. They just add so much to the finished look. Especially if I was putting $25K into the paint.
It is a beautiful airplane though. There are always compromises, and with a highly upgraded airplane, the compromises are personal and don't always translate. But the J is one of the best airplanes ever made, and it's always worth keeping them up. This one is a perfect example and will make someone a very nice airplane.

The STEC 30 in this plane has altitude hold and can fly the approach just not the glide slope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JCD said:

The STEC 30 in this plane has altitude hold and can fly the approach just not the glide slope.

That would be a deal breaker for me. All of that state of the art equipment and no glide slope?

• Like 1

Let's see. A new Ovation currently costs how much?  This J is a relative bargain, IMHO, and is well worth whatever wiggle room Justin probably built into his asking price. Again, GLWS. I wish I could justify the expense and needed the added capabilities this J would offer over my own. 

bluehighwayflyer is right. I am willing to entertain an offer but be realistic and justify it. Lots of haters out here it seems. When you put pencil to paper reality will set in.....YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!