Pristine M20J 201 For Sale New paint, Interior, Engine, Avionics

JCD

5 hours ago, flyboy0681 said:

That would be a deal breaker for me. All of that state of the art equipment and no glide slope?

I think it has no glideslope coupler for the autopilot. .   It displays glideslope on the instruments. 

bluehighwayflyer is right. I am willing to entertain an offer but be realistic and justify it. Lots of haters out here it seems. When you put pencil to paper reality will set in.....YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just keep in mind you're dealing with a bunch of Cheap Bast&$ds. They have no idea how much it costs to upgrade a plane to this level. Who cares if it is an older J. In my opinion it has been updated to outweigh the age factor. As was mentioned above, try to buy any other newer Mooney with this level of avionics upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 4

On March 27, 2017 at 4:45 PM, JCD said:

For Sale:  Immaculate 1978 M20J 201! Newer Paint (9 out of 10), Newer Interior (9 out of 10), All Glass Avionics, New Engine, Low Time Prop! You
won't find a better value on the market for a pristine M20J 201.
This is a turn key aircraft with exceptional maintenance history. Fly 150kts True Airspeed at 8.7GPH ROP!! This Aircraft won't last long as you
won't find a better cared for and equipped Mooney 201 on the market. Last two owners have always hangared aircraft. Aircraft is in Arizona.

I am selling the Airplane to go to a high performance airplane. This is an excellent Aircraft that I have poured a bunch of money and time into.

Give me a call if you have any questions:  Justin Dyster; 480-254-7627

Complete logbooks and additional pictures available at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/642e57qb1mcyy9l/AACoHGxIg6K0GVlRZSnqDPpQa?dl=0   

Trade-A-Plane: https://www.trade-a-plane.com/search?category_level1=Single+Engine+Piston&make=MOONEY&model=M20J+201&listing_id=2256517&s-type=aircraft

N33YZ_Spec-Sheet_3202017.pdf

Beautiful aircraft. I see it has all new windows from GLAP. Do you know what tint they are (Clear or Gray) and if they are the Solar Control ones? I'm trying to picture what the different tints look like.

Beautiful aircraft. I see it has all new windows from GLAP. Do you know what tint they are (Clear or Gray) and if they are the Solar Control ones? I'm trying to picture what the different tints look like.

Not sure..I don't think they are tinted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2017 at 10:19 PM, JCD said:

I guess it's been a year and a half. It was bought so I could build time for insurance purposes to move up to a high performance aircraft and be able to get the insurance.

Wow, has it been a year and a half?  I remember it going up for sale and thinking that was the prettiest J I've seen.  I remember someone commenting on the previous owner spending top dollar to maintain it.

On 3/28/2017 at 10:06 AM, KSMooniac said:

I think Craig got more for his exquisite J. And I'm sure he lost money on it too.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

This one went for more than Craigs, and yes, David took a loss also. Rumor has it sold for around 200K, but it set the standard for pristine J's

brochure_1998_mooney_m20j_n9163q_24-3422_11292016.pdf

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EricJ said:

This airplane was on the ramp by the fuel pumps at Chandler today and I taxied past it coming in.   Looks nice.   I wish I had time to walk back and take a better look.

Yes it was.  I fly in and out of KCHD Often.  If you want to look at it I am based out of 5AZ3. 

Justin

480-254-7627

On Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 10:56 AM, Bennett said:

I've spent a great deal of money on my J to build her into the airplane I want to fly at this point in my life. What she will bring back in dollars when I sell her a few years from now is not as important as the pleasure derived in the process, and in the flying of a very fine Mooney. I'm sure that when I decide to sell, someone will appreciate the airplane, and that the selling price will reflect that - certainly not all the costs incurred, but still in the upper range for a J model.

I fully understand and agree with your sentiments, Bennett.

Please let me know when you're ready. I miss my J more every day. Assuming my surgery goes as well as I suspect it will, I'll be in the market around July, 2018.

• Like 1

I fully understand and agree with your sentiments, Bennett.
Please let me know when you're ready. I miss my J more every day. Assuming my surgery goes as well as I suspect it will, I'll be in the market around July, 2018.

Good luck with your surgery. July 2018 might be a bit early for me as I am planning to fly for a few more years, but if plans change I will let you know.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2017 at 0:44 PM, gsxrpilot said:

That very well might be the nicest J any where in the country.  It's certainly the nicest one for sale. Unfortunately with any highly upgraded vehicle, the upgrades tend to be very personal and don't necessarily match another owners priorities.  

If it were my airplane, I wouldn't have spent money on a third Aspen panel. I'd also have an EDM-900 instead of the 830. Then you wouldn't need all the EI gauges either. With those savings, you could have easily done a GTX330ES and had ADSB Out. A 530 instead of the 430 makes for a much nicer GPS. And finally, at least add attitude hold to the STEC30. Or better yet, upgrade the STEC30 to something that can couple to an approach like the 55 or 60. 

To me, that all makes more sense than $25K on paint and another $15K on interior. But then that's just me.

Oh, and while the hangar rash was being repaired prior to paint, I'd have added the later J wing tips. They just add so much to the finished look. Especially if I was putting $25K into the paint.

It is a beautiful airplane though. There are always compromises, and with a highly upgraded airplane, the compromises are personal and don't always translate. But the J is one of the best airplanes ever made, and it's always worth keeping them up. This one is a perfect example and will make someone a very nice airplane.

I completely agree. 

Looking at it objectively, and please corect me if I'm wrong, it's an early model J with a below average UL for an early J, and with average equipment that's older.

It has a field engine OH and would need more info as to what was done.

160K may not be realistic.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
For Sale:  Immaculate 1978 M20J 201! Newer Paint (9 out of 10), Newer Interior (9 out of 10), All Glass Avionics, New Engine, Low Time Prop! You
won't find a better value on the market for a pristine M20J 201.
This is a turn key aircraft with exceptional maintenance history. Fly 150kts True Airspeed at 8.7GPH ROP!! This Aircraft won't last long as you
won't find a better cared for and equipped Mooney 201 on the market. Last two owners have always hangared aircraft. Aircraft is in Arizona.
I am selling the Airplane to go to a high performance airplane. This is an excellent Aircraft that I have poured a bunch of money and time into.

Give me a call if you have any questions:  Justin Dyster; 480-254-7627

Complete logbooks and additional pictures available at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/642e57qb1mcyy9l/AACoHGxIg6K0GVlRZSnqDPpQa?dl=0   
Trade-A-Plane: https://www.trade-a-plane.com/search?category_level1=Single+Engine+Piston&make=MOONEY&model=M20J+201&listing_id=2256517&s-type=aircraft
N33YZ_Spec-Sheet_3202017.pdf

Plane Sold today...She is headed to Birmingham Alabama!!!!
  • Like 2

On 5/31/2017 at 10:52 PM, JCD said:

Plane Sold today...She is headed to Birmingham Alabama!!!!

We will be looking for it in the area. Do you know where it will be hangared?

• Like 1

Nice plane. Very nice plane in fact. If you have (cash) this is an option.  If I had $150K lying around, this is the plane I would buy. Problem comes in if you have to finance as the vref becomes a point of contention. Not being negative in any direction but this is the fact of life in trying to go upscale in your choice of planes. After many false starts I am going to see a plane (a Mooney) this weekend that looks really good. Hoping for the best but I have been in this situation multiple times so am very pragmatic. I know in the past many have posted how easy this is and how you should not be picky, however, this is a major investment for many of us. I wish everyone who is looking for a Mooney success.

• Like 1