TruTrak STC update.

Well gang, here we are…the week before Sun N Fun and things are still looking great!  Sorry I didn’t get any updates out last week, just too much going on.

Last Wednesday we flew our 172 up to KC to do a familiarization flight with the FAA.  This flight is one of the next steps in getting the full system approval.  We walked them through all of the autopilot modes and operation of the system. Discussed lots of installation design details and things like that.  Later this week, we will receive the full report with any recommendations, but the briefing that we got after was very positive.  There were a few small recommendations, which we were actually already planning to implement prior to releasing the next version of software.  No surprises and even very positive comments on how well the system flew the aircraft (it was quite turbulent and the altitude hold was keeping things within 20 feet of the selected altitude)

We WILL for sure have our STC in hand by the show.  It is looking like it might actually happen midweek this week.

I know that you are all wanting some more information, and I have been giving out little bits here and there.  I promise I will have lots of great information for you midweek.  Think Wednesday.  Put all of your positive thinking energy in that direction :-)

I will say this.  We are officially allowing people to place orders for the 172 and 177 installation kits.  Purchasing an install kit will do several things for you.  First of all, it will put you on the list for receiving your complete autopilot system this summer.  Second, you will get all of the installation brackets, AN hardware and stuff like that.  Third, for the early bird folks, it will include a free wiring harness.  

OH, you want to know the price for the install kit.  We will be selling the install kits for $1000.  Yes, you can pick up 172 and 177 kits at SnF.  Yes, we can drop ship kits from the factory.  Yes, when you order your kit, your name goes on the OFFICIAL order list for full system delivery.  We are taking about 25 of the 172 (F – R model) kits and about 15 of the 177 (all models) kits with us to SnF.  We will have additional kits back at the factory that can be drop shipped, as we know that some won’t want to carry them home from Florida, or won’t be in attendance.  

I have had several folks ask about sharing these emails on group sites and message boards.  Yes, that is certainly fine with me.  Also, forward to any friends you have that might want to be on the list!  Below is a link to the list that you are all on.  

PLEASE DON’T ADD YOURSELF AGAIN! 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdj-PF1UNoTkoLSN-XpodyNJ8MNvNnc8XKM7aX-Ut4vl-hY3w/viewform?c=0&w=1

That is all I have for this moment in time.  Come see us at Sun N Fun!  I am the “goofing looking blonde haired hippy in the cowboy hat”  as the folks here at TruTrak call me.  Our 172 will be in the EAA boothLD-007 and we will be at our indoor booth A-93.  See you soon!

Andrew Barker

President / CEO

TruTrak Flight Systems

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...