M20J Cabin Door Size

My wife and I carried our tandem bicycle in the C model.   We flew to & rode a number of organized rides. 

The bike frame has S&S couplers so it separates into 3 parts. Each part fits into a big cloth bag I sewed together from nylon and each goes through the baggage hatch. The two 700C wheels each has a similar bag, though 700C wheels won't pass through the Mooney hatch & must be loaded via the door. 

All 5 bags fit into the C baggage area, filling it pretty much full tho only weighing 35 pounds.  

It takes me about half an hour to reassemble the bike.  Good for rally and multi-day rides but not suitable for flying & riding to lunch type trips.  

• Like 1

I have an older Co-Motion road tandem with the S&S couplers.  

Co-Motion Tandem Bicycles

Since you are used to prices in AMU you'll be ok with the costs of good custom bicycles.   A middle of the line Speedster model with "co-pilot" S&S couplers is around 7.  

Edited by Jerry 5TJ
  • Like 1