M20J Cabin Door Size

The hard part is you don't have the strength to keep the bike level while holding at one end. Almost a 2 person job. And you wanna wrap crank and chain to keep grease off your interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the previous threads on this idea...

There are a lot of bike people around here.

picture somebody using a grill cover to get their bike into their mooney in a CB sort of way.

some prefer folding bikes.

lots of ideas...

Best regards,

-a-

Go right ahead and get your bikes in your Mooney! Of course wheels off, but its perfectly doable even without removing back seat (just fold it). I go mountain biking with wife at least twice a year and we have process greased. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have no trouble getting the frame of my 61 cm Roubaix through the door of my M20J. I usually remove the wheels and seat although the seat can stay on if I'm not also loading my wife's bike. The lightweight carbon frames make the loading process easier. For the chains I use these:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/White-Lightning-Chain-Johnny/32312386?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1063&adid=22222222228021149170&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=51785688191&wl4=pla-52083384264&wl5=9014979&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=112549983&wl11=online&wl12=32312386&wl13=&veh=sem

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Todd Workman said:

Mooniac15u- that's the size of my bike so that's great to see from you. Just to confirm - to fit the second bike , you just need to take the seat off and you're good?

I don't have fold down rear seats so the smaller bike goes on the rear seat upside down with seat and wheels removed. The larger bike sits across the top of the baggage area with the back part in the hat rack and the front resting on top of the rear seat back (also with wheels and seat off). The carbon frame is light enough to not overload the hat rack.

Folding seats would make it way too easy. :)

• Like 1

Guest Mike261

I use some grille covers from walmart.

take the front and rear wheels off. wrap greasy back wheels in grille covers. (6 bucks at walmart, buy 4 and a duffel bag for bike seats and shoes if you use clips)

take off bike seat.

loosen or remove handle bars depending on configuration.

put bike in another grille bag with loose handlebars and strap it up.

bike frame slides in through cargo door.

wheels go in through passenger door.

our bikes have lever nuts on wheels and seats so all i need is an allen wrench for handlebars.

two will fit in rear with seats folded down.

i can assemble bikes in ten minutes and be on my way, once you do it a couple of times in becomes rather intuitive.

mountain bike or road bike will fit easily.

Mike

On 3/27/2017 at 2:16 PM, Mike261 said:

I use some grille covers from walmart.

take the front and rear wheels off. wrap greasy back wheels in grille covers. (6 bucks at walmart, buy 4 and a duffel bag for bike seats and shoes if you use clips)

take off bike seat.

loosen or remove handle bars depending on configuration.

put bike in another grille bag with loose handlebars and strap it up.

bike frame slides in through cargo door.

wheels go in through passenger door.

our bikes have lever nuts on wheels and seats so all i need is an allen wrench for handlebars.

two will fit in rear with seats folded down.

i can assemble bikes in ten minutes and be on my way, once you do it a couple of times in becomes rather intuitive.

mountain bike or road bike will fit easily.

Mike

I've done it many times in my J but Mikes way sounds the best and I'm going to get some grill covers, good idea!

Edited by Jeev

Guest Mike261

not sure where i got the grille cover idea...maybe here or another site. the key is to strap the handle bars in the frame opening so they dont flop all around. you cant really remove them because of the cables...

• 3 weeks later...