Vintage Mooney in Eastern NC?

Hi,

I fly rentals out of Wilmington, ILM right now but am looking at making a purchase in the immediate future. I have about 120 hours in an M20R Ovation in the past, which I loved, but looking at more affordable early Mooneys this time around. I've never spent time in a short-body, but would love to check one out.

Anybody here in the Wilmington / Raleigh / Jacksonville / Myrtle area? I'd be happy to buy some gas and a hamburger in exchange for a ride. Ideally looking for a johnson bar/hydraulic flaps example.

Thanks!
Charlie

Hi Charlie,

I have 64 M20C in the Charlotte area. I might be able to make it to Wilmington this weekend if the weather cooperates. Its manual gear and flaps. Planning on putting it on the market in the Fall. Be glad to show it to you.

Hank

tealsafety@gmail.com 

Edited by George
wrong name

2 hours ago, rbridges said:

There's a member that lives in edenton, NC; but I can't remember her name. I'm thinking she had a vintage plane IIRC. 

Edit--never mind. I found her profile and she has a K model. 

Has Mimi bought a new one yet? Marvin K. Mooney had a problem . . . .

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2017 at 9:56 AM, CRLB said:

Hi,

I fly rentals out of Wilmington, ILM right now but am looking at making a purchase in the immediate future. I have about 120 hours in an M20R Ovation in the past, which I loved, but looking at more affordable early Mooneys this time around. I've never spent time in a short-body, but would love to check one out.

Anybody here in the Wilmington / Raleigh / Jacksonville / Myrtle area? I'd be happy to buy some gas and a hamburger in exchange for a ride. Ideally looking for a johnson bar/hydraulic flaps example.

Thanks!
Charlie

I'll be heading from FAY back to Alabama on Saturday. The forecasts I'm seeing are for beautiful weather.

What happens doing then? Sorry to say  thiugh, that my C is all electric with full steam gauges and Garmin 430.

32 minutes ago, Hank said:

I'll be heading from FAY back to Alabama on Saturday. The forecasts I'm seeing are for beautiful weather.

What happens doing then? Sorry to say  thiugh, that my C is all electric with full steam gauges and Garmin 430.

Unfortunately out of town this weekend! Sorry I can't make it work.

Charlie, I am planning on flying into Grand Strand in the morning about 8:00am and will be leaving about 1:30-2:00pm if you still wanted to check out a C model with Johnson bar and hydraulic flaps.

Chad

Today was bumpy flying down low in eastern NC. I think my takeoff roll was just 500-600 ft on a 7500' runway, and I was well over 1000 agl by the end of it. Didn't get smooth until 2000-3000 agl. The wind was gusty on the ground, pretty much 80-90° to the runway, but glassy and smooth at 8500 coming home. As friends say, not a good day for low level fun flying, but a good day to travel. Those scattered cirrus clouds weren't a problem at all . . .

So it's probably a good thing that you were out of town and couldn't make a few laps with me this morning. I was glad to climb into the smooth and get going.