Wanted: 1967 M-20F

macanimal

Hello everyone.  New to this forum.

Wanted:  the most original 1967 M-20F that's out there.  That's right:  eschewing all the mods.  Looking for the 2-piece windscreen; manual gear; vacuum operated step; even the much maligned "shotgun" instrument panel with the cheesy plastic "wood".  Avionics & engine time not important.  Project OK.

Call me retro, but 67 & earlier had a certain charm that newer Mooneys lack (my opine, please no hate mail) ;)

Thanks in advance!

----macanimal

• Like 1

I have the time capsule that you seek:

One owner since 1968 (with different partners).

Always hangared at the same airport.

Original paint.

3030TT 

1100SMOH

1060lbs useful load.

Sorry but we have no interest in parting with it!!!  Happy hunting, there are still quite a few around!

IMG_4054.thumb.JPG.6bbd804b0585172fd5618696d98fb531.JPG

IMG_4055.thumb.JPG.b95d2e48408f304eec3a9a1ae3191e22.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

There is a guy near me with an all original 67' m20F except for a RayJay Turbo, it gets its yearly annual but never flies. Has the ORIGINAL engine 4000 hours on it.... I offered the guy 25k for it which I thought was more than fair (I figured I would drop 40-50k or more in engine and GPS install) and and the response was a letter from his attorney telling me to never contact him again or he would sue me for harassment.... Worst part is he told me he wanted to sell

Edited by golfpilot

• 2 weeks later...

Golfpilot:  Crazy story. Talk about mixed messages.  I've known several instances of owners letting their planes rot into the tarmac while refusing to sell.  One example:

https://www.beechtalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=105217&hilit=baron+56+sell

Carusoam:  Yes a whole bunch of reasons for it.  Not all rational............

----macanimal

• Like 1