First and Second customer Mooney in for cowling mod.

16 hours ago, Supercop0184 said:

God I want so much. Hate the temp issues I have with my c model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet this cowling makes a world of difference.  My 201 cowling keeps my temps under 360 even during climb.  In fact, my low temp warning light has been coming on quite a bit since Cole Aviation repositioned the baffling.  

• Like 1

I bet this cowling makes a world of difference.  My 201 cowling keeps my temps under 360 even during climb.  In fact, my low temp warning light has been coming on quite a bit since Cole Aviation repositioned the baffling.  

My temps can creep on up when it's hot on extended taxi and climb. This will be great!!!

Saber - 64 C model! Ready when you are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, jamesm said:

Hi David,

looks great

If for any reason one should have to remove the engine baffles ,  does the baffles  come off as one piece or  drill out the rivets or ????

Thanks,

James '67C

Hi James,

The baffles are installed in sections and can be removed by removing mounting screws. No rivets will need to be drilled out.

David

These are "out of the box" Vans - right? With the James Holy Cowls Plenum makes an unbeatable installation.  To bad it's a "no brainer" to everyone except the FAA!  They should be aiding you to develop the STC - instead of beating you to death with regs and paper.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mike20papa said:

These are "out of the box" Vans - right? With the James Holy Cowls Plenum makes an unbeatable installation.  To bad it's a "no brainer" to everyone except the FAA!  They should be aiding you to develop the STC - instead of beating you to death with regs and paper.

It is Van's baffling with some modifications to the front cylinder baffles to make them fit the Mooney cowling. I chose not to use the Jame's aircraft plenum. 

Do you need to stiffen the upper cowl without the doghouse?  I can't recall when they went away from the thin sheetmetal of my 64.  Curious about the hoist. Do you need to pull engine mounts to do the install?  Can't wait till you have the erparlier models.

4 minutes ago, Sabremech said:

Getting closer to having the baffling complete. This is the most time consuming part of the modification. 

IMG_5673.JPG

IMG_5674.JPG

Looks great David! So the air filter will go on the front right side as shown in the bottom picture?

• Like 2