Who is the oldest?

82 this month, but still a kid at heart. Started flying (Army De Havilland Beavers on wheels) in 1956 - Long story, I was not an Army pilot. Civilian flying started around 40 years ago, and I bought my first Mooney shortly thereafter. Pretty much continuous flying since then in a variety of owned aircraft for business and pleasure. I know there are older Mooney pilots, but I don't know if they are MS members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Bob_Belville said:

I'll admit to being older than I look. And older than I act.

Hell Bob, I just noticed your birthday is published in your profile.

There are plenty of pics on MS of you flying around with a plane-load of chicks so I'd have to agree with your statement above.:)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bennett said:

82 this month, but still a kid at heart. Started flying (Army De Havilland Beavers on wheels) in 1956 - Long story, I was not an Army pilot. Civilian flying started around 40 years ago, and I bought my first Mooney shortly thereafter. Pretty much continuous flying since then in a variety of owned aircraft for business and pleasure.

I met Bennett in late January and have to report that he looks pretty damned good for 82. He's also a great conversationalist and still has all of his marbles!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bennett said:

82 this month, but still a kid at heart. Started flying (Army De Havilland Beavers on wheels) in 1956 - Long story, I was not an Army pilot. Civilian flying started around 40 years ago, and I bought my first Mooney shortly thereafter. Pretty much continuous flying since then in a variety of owned aircraft for business and pleasure.

My hero.

Thanks guys! I'm getting used to being the oldest guy in the room. Sad how few of my friends from the past are still alive. Message: Eat well, drink moderately, do unexpected things, and never stop learning

• Like 13

i'm 67 but lost medical 3 years ago and FAA just told my AME TO "wish me luck" if I were to apply again.  My Doctor says cancer is no longer active, but the FAA thinks otherwise.  So my Mooney is in annual and may soon be sold. Ihave taken up High Performance Driving Education and am a certified Instructor.   Sort of like flying low

When plane sells I'll get something faster..

Bill

VIR.jpg

• Like 10

44, I'll be 45 in September. Having grandkids makes me feel older, so does getting out of bed in the mornings sometimes...:D

I've wanted to fly as long as I can remember, I guess part of growing up on Air Force Bases with a dad that was a pilot. Been flying since last June, PPL in October, bought the Mooney in December, can't figure out why I waited so long to get started.

• Like 2