Life expectancy of faa certificate

RobertGary1

I pulled my faa certs out of my wallet and notice that a couple probably are not even passable any longer. The type is wearing off and they're becoming blank certificates. I suppose at some point I can write in that space shuttle rating. Just curious how often most replace their certs (other than cfi of course ). 

-Robert 

When I got current again last year my old paper certificate was nearly forty years old, and my license number was my SSN.   Figured it was time to change the number and get one of the fancy new card thingies   Modern times.   Gotta keep up.

1 hour ago, Mooneymite said:

A worn certificate is a great reminder that it's time to add a rating!  :P

I'm pretty much out of ratings I can do in the Mooney. I guess I could do ATP though. Already did my sea ratings, etc.

I used to do a new rating as BFR every two years. But now in CAP you get a free BFR every year through the Wings program if you log your Form-5 eval.

-Robert

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RobertGary1 said:

The new cards are an eye test. Although it looks like wings on the Wright flyer are straight lines as are the neck lines of Wilburn Orville but on closer look its actually micoprint. Can you read it without a microscope?

-Robert

It says "everything you do from this time forward will be crazy expensive."

• Like 2