Fuel Discount

Tenants here at Texas Gulf Coast Regional get $.25 off the full-service truck price every-day (currently $4.01). It's a dime off on weekends for everybody pumping self-service (currently $3.61). That's $3.76 FS or $3.51 SS (weekends). Not the cheapest around but fairly competitive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, peevee said:

nope. only game in town is signature

What do they charge at your place?   The Arrow I rent is somehow an indentured servant to Signature on the home field and I pay around $7.50 a gallon.   On cross-countries (which is about all I do anymore), I fill it up on the last leg.   :)

22 minutes ago, EricJ said:

What do they charge at your place?   The Arrow I rent is somehow an indentured servant to Signature on the home field and I pay around $7.50 a gallon.   On cross-countries (which is about all I do anymore), I fill it up on the last leg.   :)

4.60 self serve.

Thanks for the input guys. Weird situation. The FBO operator is a good guy and customer of mine but fuel elsewhere is anywhere from $.50 to $1.05 less; and within 20-40 miles. Anyway, I had heard from a few other pilots that most FBO's at smaller airports give locals a discount. He use to give us a nickel and recently took that away. I'm going to avoid an awkward conversation and start buying fuel elsewhere. He will notice and jump me this summer about it I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My home field offers .20 per gallon discount for hangar rental customers. At that price they are still significantly higher than I can find during my regular $100 hamburger flights. Down here in Florida, there are a number of fields with restaurants and self serve fuel at very competitive prices. Barton (KBOW) and Williston (X60) are a couple that come to mind. Other airports that routinely have good prices without the food option include Marion County / Dunellon (X35) and Zephyrhills (KZPH).

One source I like to check is 100LL.com. It will provide you with recent fuel prices for all the airports in whatever area you wish to search. Per the website, you may purchase 100LL at Rockwell City Municipal for $3.90 per gallon full serve and that is only 25 nm away.

If you enjoy flying to other airports, top off where the fuel is cheap. Buy at your home field when you need full tanks for maximum range.

Edited by BKlott
  • Like 2

I used to buy 300-500 gallons at a time for my fuel tank at my hangar.  The local fuel guy always priced it a little below what the local airports were selling it for.  However, after the fuel company went through a couple of changes of ownership, it prices it ABOVE the local airports.  There is no competition, so when you add in the cost of maintaining a fuel storage tank (filters, evaporation, hoses, etc) there is absolutely no monetary advantage for my own supply tank.  However, the flexibility/convenience of having my own supply is hard to beat.

Edited by Mooneymite

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at KSLE Salem OR, but do most of my fueling at Independence 7S5 which is only a few miles away.  The FBO there gives a 7% discount for prepaying on a gas card.  Only works at his pump, but he has the one of the cheapest prices in the region, $3.99 last week.

No discounts at Addison. Fuel is currently $6.73 or $7.09 depending on which FBO you choose to screw you.  In 4 years I've only bought fuel at my home base once.  35 miles north LL is $3.20 per gallon.