Roll Cage / Control Rod Touchup

Flymac

Going though Annual and wanting to address many various areas on the roll cage and control rods/tubes where the original ZC primer has worn off leaving them exposed.  It doesnt seem to practical to try and re-spray these with a can of ZC for not only getting on everything packed in the areas, but also seems would only get bottom surface...is there a general approach/trick to how people touch these tubes up?  ZC sprayed into a can(or purchased as non aerosol) and then brushed on perhaps?

I can see various areas where it looks like someone had touched up with a brush, but is black like an enamel paint or such...

IMG_7699.JPG

IMG_7700.JPG

IMG_7702.JPG

5 hours ago, KSMooniac said:

I'd say anything is better than nothing. Brushing makes more sense in there. Just remove any obvious rust/corrosion by sanding, clean it well, and paint. Then don't worry about it for another decade or two!

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

An airbrush works really well too, you can pick one up from Harbor Freight for around 20 bucks

I used a two part zinc chromate epoxy primer and a small brush. You can use zinc chromate or zinc phosphate epoxy. Both available from spruce. Seems expensive for paint but this will be the last time it ever needs to be done.  Wear a respirator...no seriously, wear a respirator!

image.thumb.png.90f5612ae697aae27766916ffa770227.png