Start Power fuse

I am attempting to find/replace the fuse that is in the starter power circuit.  My schematic shows a 1 amp fuse, but I do not see it located near the starter solenoid.  The light has never worked for me so it obviously is not a major issue, but I want to finally fix it.

The light I am referring to is the light on the annunciator panel that indicates power is being supplied to the starter.  The light should be off when the starter is disengaged during the start sequence.  If the start power light is still on after the starter is released, the start must be terminated to prevent damage to the starter.

Very few airplanes have this feature.  I haven't looked at the schematic, but I would think there should be a small wire on the powered side of the starter solenoid leading to the fuse and then to the annunciator.

Clarence

On my 1996 M20J the fuse is located above the right foot well on the passenger's side close to the firewall. If you lay on your back on the right side and look up towards the outside you should see an inline fuse holder with the fuse inside. May be a different location on the earlier models but I doubt that has changed much.

Jim