G430 to IFD440

4 hours ago, Kevin Pare said:

Has anyone on here done it? Any feedback? Pro's con's? i'm on the fence. I was going to keep my 430 and get a flight stream 200, but for the same price I can just get the IFD440...Not sure what to do, really hoping for some feed back.

Amazing difference. Go for it. I have a 540 and 440 and will swap out my 540 for a 550 when I get the nod to do so from Avidyne.

Get out while the gettin's good: https://www.beechtalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=135953

20 minutes ago, Drumstick said:

Are you going from a 430W or 430 non-WAAS?  I'm interested in hearing about installation costs for upgrading from the non-WAAS version.  

You will need to change the antenna and most likely the coax to it.

Just now, Kevin Pare said:

I have the waas version, so it should be a easy swap.... really leaning on doing this, but I cant pull the trigger.

Send Chase an E-Mail and he'll make the process painless.

Chase Larabee <Chase@avionicssource.com>

• Like 2

Matt at Central TX Avionics (very good, reputable guy), has a new IFD440 for sale on Barnstormers for $9000. If you sell your 430W outright for $6000 or more you might come out a lot better.

AVIDYNE IFD-440 • $9,000 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE  UNIT IS NEW SURPLUS AND INCLUDES THE TRAY AND CONNECTORS. • Contact Matt Gordon - CENTRAL TEXAS AVIONICS, INC., Owner - located Georgetown, TX USA • Telephone: 512-868-8484 . • Posted March 8, 2017  Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser  Recommend This Ad to a Friend  Email Advertiser  Save to Watchlist  Report This Ad

I'm assuming this unit does not have WiFi nor Bluetooth as those are options on the 440 today. Do you want those options ? I did. The 440 I bought from Chase wasn't priced much above the one in the ad above and has both WiFi and BT.

1 hour ago, gsxrpilot said:

BTW... your 430W is losing value every day. You might think about pulling the trigger sooner rather than later.

I think we've seen the cusp of used pricing on the 430 and 530s boys and girls.  With the announcement of Garmin that they have no more screens for the 430/530 their value will start decreasing by the day now. Garmin has previously said they'd made their final buy of 430/530 repair parts. 

Sell that old Garmin stuff while you can still get something for it. Pretty much everyone that has gone to Avidyne (me included) raves about it and mostly the people buying new Garmin stuff will only have Garmin in their panel so they refuse to even look at a superior option.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KLRDMD said:

I'm assuming this unit does not have WiFi nor Bluetooth as those are options on the 440 today. Do you want those options ? I did. The 440 I bought from Chase wasn't priced much above the one in the ad above and has both WiFi and BT.

If Matt's had it for awhile (new surplus) I'm thinking it has wifi and bluetooth - if it is it's a great deal for someone. The pre-buy price for those that waited a few years was around 8500 I believe.

All that being said if you can make it work a 540 is well worth the difference in price. I had a 540/440 in an Ovation (I replaced the 530W/430W that was in there) and I have a 540 (soon to be a 550) in my M20M. I like the screen size on the 540 a lot better than the 440, especially now with SVS.

11 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

If Matt's had it for awhile (new surplus) I'm thinking it has wifi and bluetooth - if it is it's a great deal for someone. The pre-buy price for those that waited a few years was around 8500 I believe.

All that being said if you can make it work a 540 is well worth the difference in price. I had a 540/440 in an Ovation (I replaced the 530W/430W that was in there) and I have a 540 (soon to be a 550) in my M20M. I like the screen size on the 540 a lot better than the 440, especially now with SVS.

He must have had that in stock a long time if it has WiFi & BT. Avidyne lowered the price (and made those options) well over a year ago, February 1, 2016. I would agree with you about the 540 over the 440 if at all possible until the release of the IFD100. Now you can have an Avidyne display on a massive iPad Pro. I have a 540 (will be a 550) and 440 now and don't plan to give them up but buying it today, just a 440 would be really tempting.

Just now, gsxrpilot said:

It's tempting to me as well. I've got the 540 already, but would like a second nav/com and the 440 would make for a very nice matched set.

When I was contemplating that, I figured after labor costs to install the equipment, the 440 wasn't all that much more than just a typical Nav/Com and for the extra functionality, it was well worth it.

21 hours ago, KLRDMD said:

Amazing difference. Go for it. I have a 540 and 440 and will swap out my 540 for a 550 when I get the nod to do so from Avidyne.

Get out while the gettin's good: https://www.beechtalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=135953

Hello everyone,

please make sure you read the linked post all the way through as none of the posting is true and I,m not exactly sure where this came from. but we plane on supporting the GNS series units for many years to come.

please let me know if there are any questions on this as I know there are other posts about the Avidyne units imply plugging in and playing with the GNS units which is not always the case.

let me know if there are any questions,

• Like 1

Thanks for your vigilance, Trek.

There isn't a week that goes by where a  big G question doesn't come up...

You have the awesome challenge to defend, promote and support your company and its products and services without accidently becoming a nuisance...

Thanks for your talented level of support.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

On 3/19/2017 at 1:16 PM, LANCECASPER said:

Matt at Central TX Avionics (very good, reputable guy), has a new IFD440 for sale on Barnstormers for $9000. If you sell your 430W outright for $6000 or more you might come out a lot better.

AVIDYNE IFD-440 • $9,000 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE  UNIT IS NEW SURPLUS AND INCLUDES THE TRAY AND CONNECTORS. • Contact Matt Gordon - CENTRAL TEXAS AVIONICS, INC., Owner - located Georgetown, TX USA • Telephone: 512-868-8484 . • Posted March 8, 2017  Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser  Recommend This Ad to a Friend  Email Advertiser  Save to Watchlist  Report This Ad

Ok, here's a better deal yet. Basically is you have a Garmin 530W you can sell you will be into this for less than $1500

AVIDYNE IFD540 NEW • $9,000 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE  Avidyne IFD540 New with Tray. Warranty 2020. Contact me if you are interested • Contact Andrew James, Owner - located TAMPA, FL USA • Telephone: 8133281055 . • Posted March 22, 2017  Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser  Recommend This Ad to a Friend  Email Advertiser  Save to Watchlist  Report This Ad

On 3/19/2017 at 0:37 AM, Northern Mooniac said:

From looking at the details on the iPad app a 550 and iPad would be pretty sweet. It's too bad it doesn't have two way communication with ForeFlight though. I wonder if that's coming? 

Swapping the 430 for a 440 just seems like a no brainer for the money.

I saw an email from Fltplan.com that fltplango will now talk with avidyne IFD units.

On 3/19/2017 at 0:29 AM, KLRDMD said:

Thanks Trek for dispelling the "rumor" of demise...