How long have you gone without flying your Mooney?

nels

Three months due to the overhaul, which was much longer than I ever thought it would take. The first delay came in getting the tear down completed, then deciding what to do and finally having the work done. Then our A&P had to hang it, which seemed to take forever. It didn't help that all of this took place during the holiday season. 

2 years once. I had an engine failure and took my time searching for a new engine. Not a simple task when you don't have a usable core to rebuild. However, I was flying my V tail Bo and the T206 at the time as well. I also had well over 1000 hours in the Mooney before the layover. 

I don't recall having any issues getting back into it after the engine change. I changed the engine on the ramp and then had to fly it out on a permit to do the annual.

-Robert

Hand surgery took me out for 12 weeks last year. PT after it was not right took another 4 later in the year. After I finished that round of abuse, we flew ~20 hours in the next three weeks. Making up for lost time.

On 3/18/2017 at 10:23 PM, bonal said:

I won't take a passenger for a flight after the annual except the mech that worked on it post annual we are truly test pilots

Ha. I made my IA fly the first flight with me after the owner assisted annual I helped with. I figured we both had skin in the game, so only fair. 

• Like 1

About 2 months was the longest since I've owned my J, that was during an annual and engine overhaul.  I make an effort to go fly once a week even if its just for an hour but sometime got 10 days or so.  Just got the J back from annual and it was down for 30days, I was a little rusty but still safe.

About 2.5 months after working through gear issues at annual.  So the first flight was several fast taxi followed by the RTS flight up above the airport.  Then a couple of self imposed check out flights before passengers.