IPAD Mini Vs Pro

I have my Samsung S7 with Garmin Pilot mounted on the sun visor with Velcro Strip. Very convenient and cheap, $3 for the Velcro strips. This location allows for improved internet reception for WX and texting. On approach is like having a heads up display. I have the same set up in my car and works great when using the GPS on the road.

José

Visor Phone.jpg

Edited by Piloto
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 4/20/2017 at 10:49 PM, Piloto said:

I have my Samsung S7 with Garmin Pilot mounted on the sun visor with Velcro Strip. Very convenient and cheap, $3 for the Velcro strips. This location allows for improved internet reception for WX and texting. On approach is like having a heads up display. I have the same set up in my car and works great when using the GPS on the road.

José

Visor Phone.jpg

I REALLY like the sun visor solution!  

I'm in the process of purchasing a M20F.  I currently fly a Cessna 140, so I'm quite used to using ForeFlight on my phone.  I sat in the Mooney last night with hopes that my ipad Pro 9.6 would work well in the new cockpit, but it looks like I'm going to have to buy a mini.  

I REALLY like the sun visor solution!  
I'm in the process of purchasing a M20F.  I currently fly a Cessna 140, so I'm quite used to using ForeFlight on my phone.  I sat in the Mooney last night with hopes that my ipad Pro 9.6 would work well in the new cockpit, but it looks like I'm going to have to buy a mini.  

Kneeboard wont work?

It's been several months since the install so I can't remember off hand.  Next time I am at the airport I will try to remember and look for the manufacturer and get back to you.

Please take a picture, if its the one Im thinking of it's nice but of course you need an entire free stack to fit in.

Nice. I did not like mine on the yoke. It hits my knees. I have 3" pedal extensions and am 6'2" and too lazy to have them removed.

I do like the mounting on the co-joe yoke. i was considering the same for approach plates, taxi diagrams, etc.

Have you or anyone considered mounting to the hand held microphone bracket?

iain