Glareshield

INA201

3 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

That appears to be the Ashby referenced above.  My glareshield cover was in bad shape when I bought the plane and the opening was covered with painted real-estate sign that had been somewhat cut to fit.  I molded a piece of fiberglass to fit, painted it flat black and attached with thin Velcro.  Overall, it looks far better than it did.

IMG_4911.JPG

• 1 year later...

I followed the advice on this post and called Hector at Aero Comfort. He sounded like a nice guy. He asked me to send him pictures of my glareshield and said that it's very rare that he sees one that's damaged beyond repair. I sent him the pics, and in about 2 hours I got a rather lengthy apologetic email back saying that I indeed, had one of those rare glareshields that was damaged beyond repair.

So, does anyone have any direct experience with Ashby replacement glareshields? And how much "fitting" they actually require?

Thanks

John,

Share your pic...

The original C glare shield is so small and made out of ancient materials....  vinyl and cardboard with a few snaps....

It would make a lot of sense to have Hector start from the dimensions of what is left of your old one...

Hector does great work. Knows Mooney interiors... and can be a bit expensive...

It is such a small straight forward project... i’m Not sure why Hector wouldn’t have a more can-do attitude on this one... other than vinyl and cardboard doesn’t have much to rebuild after 1/2 a century....

PP thoughts only... my yokes started in Hector’s shop decades ago... still really nice.

Best regards,

-a-

21 minutes ago, John Mininger said:

Thanks David. Your end result looks great to me.

Here's what I've got:

SANY2112.thumb.JPG.f96ceeed1e0f113f8333c9142d5f2d24.JPG

You can easily  repair this with some abs sheets and then cover with ultraleather.

On 3/18/2017 at 7:08 PM, ABCDEF said:

How long it take to get done? What was the cost? It looks nice!

He used to sew two seams on the front lip and a small piece for the vertical part of the front lip of the glare shield.