GTX33/330 upgrade to ES eligible for rebate!

PTK

Welcomed news! The FAA has changed its position concerning the rebate on the GTX33 and 330 upgrade to ES for ADS-B out compliance. Since the upgrade involves hardware in addition to software it is now eligible for the rebate.

• Like 3

Probably because they are thousands behind on the rebate program and the "drain the swamp" people are pointing out another governmental program to target for waste.

As long as they don't shut down the program after a number of us are either invested or committed to NexGen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

20 hours ago, PTK said:

Welcomed news! The FAA has changed its position concerning the rebate on the GTX33 and 330 upgrade to ES for ADS-B out compliance. Since the upgrade involves hardware in addition to software it is now eligible for the rebate.

Hang on! That is the government using common sense? What is this world coming to?

So I saw the AOPA magazine said the 330 to ES is now eligible, so thank you for this thread! I emailed the FAA and asked if I could still get the rebate despite equipping two weeks ago and they said I am still eligible and to simply submit an installation date of any day in the future in the form. So thankful for this thread!

Edited by AlexLev
  • Like 1

So update:

1) Emailed FAA on March 19th, asked if I could still get a rebate despite doing the 330 to ES upgrade around March 4th, they said to go ahead and submit the form and just put the scheduled upgrade for any future date.

2) Had a hell of a time doing the verification flight...got a lot of "Ground to Air" errors, but ended up getting a PASS on what was not even meant to be a verification flight but a XC.

3) Plugged number in yesterday and got approval today!

Thanks to this thread I'm getting $500! Thanks guys! Who said the FAA was not a reasonable and easy to work with agency? ;)

Edited by AlexLev
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexLev said:

So update:

1) Emailed FAA on March 19th, asked if I could still get a rebate despite doing the 330 to ES upgrade around March 4th, they said to go ahead and submit the form and just put the scheduled upgrade for any future date.

2) Had a hell of a time doing the verification flight...got a lot of "Ground to Air" errors, but ended up getting a PASS on what was not even meant to be a verification flight but a XC.

3) Plugged number in yesterday and got approval today!

Thanks to this thread I'm getting $500! Thanks guys! Who said the FAA was not a reasonable and easy to work with agency? ;)

I'll be flying up to WNY in a few weeks to collect my share as part of my role as the president of the Cheap Bast$#d Club. 

• Like 1