Open Invitation to Spruce Creek Airpark

I'm heading down to my Spruce Creek winter home (just south of Daytona Beach FL) on Sunday for a couple weeks. Just extending an open invitation to my Mooney friends if anyone wants to drop in and say high and check out a really cool Airpark.   

Best to contact me by text FIRST as I don't answer cell calls from numbers I don't recognize.   906 dash 458 dash six niner eight niner.

Chupacabra stopped by my last trip down and it was awesome to meet a fellow Mooney Space friend.

Tom

• Like 1

[mention=10018]Hector[/mention] want to plan a flight?

Sounds good to me. Been there once around 5 years ago. Dropped off a friend who purchased a twin Comanche from a resident. Really liked the place and the vibe around the whole place. Ate at the restaurant on the field and that was pretty good too. Have not been back because I think you need an invite ( private field).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my plane from Spruce Creek a few years ago.  We got a tour and were really impressed and also ate at the restaurant.  I would recommend a visit.  Saw some really nice planes and houses as well as a golf course.  Main street is a taxiway.  How cool is that?   I was told that it is the largest or busiest privately owned airport in the world.  I would like to visit again someday.

• Like 1

Okay lets plan for Sunday then.

Hector I can fly over to HEG and we can fly a loose formation or keep apart aways or however you want to do it.

Tom I'll keep track

Sounds good. I'm in. I'll have to find and download their arrival/departure procedures. You might want to look at that. We will do flight following to get through Daytona airspace. Mooney flight of two!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As soon as I put my engine back on the firewall ( probably this weekend) I would like to stop by to check it out and say hello.

I am in the Wing South air park in Naples (  FA37) and it would be interesting to compare.

Also, once I have my things in order I would like to do the same thing and invite Mooney friends to check out our air park, Smaller but beautiful. Bunch of land and houses for sale. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Seth said:

I just overflew Spruce Creek on my way home from Florida to Maryland yesterday! Next time you are there and I'm there I'd love to check it out.

I took some pics!

-Seth

The invitation is still open!

Tom

I'm thinking of going on the 25th and eating breakfast or lunch with Tom and playing golf either before lunch or after breakfast. All of that is subject to availability of those variables.

That's an invitation to anyone.

Edited by jkhirsch

Tom,

The wife and I are arriving in Daytona on 4/16 and staying a week for the express purpose of visiting airparks and homes in the area as a possible retirement location.  I will give you a call as time gets closer to see if you are available for a visit while we are there.  We have a couple of properties we want to see there in Spruce Creek.  We would greatly appreciate the reviews you can offer as a property owner.

Thank you,

Tim

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jkhirsch said:

I'm thinking of going on the 25th and eating breakfast or lunch with Tom and playing golf either before lunch or after breakfast. All of that is subject to availability of those variables.

That's an invitation to anyone.

4 hours ago, teejayevans said:

I'd be interested...

My kids are driving down from Green Bay non-stop, leaving noon on Thursday and arriving on Friday, the 25th.......but I suspect they will not arrive until mid-late afternoon (they are trying to make it in time for the Friday night air show).  Your visit should work just fine!  Looking forward to it!!!

Tom

9 hours ago, helitim said:

Tom,

The wife and I are arriving in Daytona on 4/16 and staying a week for the express purpose of visiting airparks and homes in the area as a possible retirement location.  I will give you a call as time gets closer to see if you are available for a visit while we are there.  We have a couple of properties we want to see there in Spruce Creek.  We would greatly appreciate the reviews you can offer as a property owner.

Thank you,

Tim

Tim

We will be staying this trip until around April 1st but may be heading back down later in April.  Will keep you posted.  

Tom

On 3/15/2017 at 7:50 PM, Yooper Rocketman said:

I'm heading down to my Spruce Creek winter home (just south of Daytona Beach FL) on Sunday for a couple weeks. Just extending an open invitation to my Mooney friends if anyone wants to drop in and say high and check out a really cool Airpark.   

I may take you up on that...flying my C from Boca to NJ around that time frame and will be dropping into Spruce to visit other friends as well......

• Like 1