Gtn650 question

19 minutes ago, Browncbr1 said:

Does the GTN 650 have an integrated audio panel/intercom, etc?  Or is it just simply a remote control feature that requires an actual audio panel box to also be installed?? 

The GTN650 can control a remote transponder but not remote audio panel. GTN750 can control both. The remote units are separate boxes.

• Like 1

No integrated audio panel, but it does have a feature that allows you to monitor audio on the standby frequency.  This is almost like having an additional listen-only COM radio.  I use the feature to start monitoring tower/CTAF early when I'm still talking to approach, or to monitor radio traffic when I'm halfway between two closely-spaced airports.

• Like 1

Thanks guys.. 

After playing with the ipad sim for the GTN and IFD, I feel like the GTN is just way more intuitive, but as you know, the simulator is a GTN 750, not 650, so I was trying to understand some of the differences...     I understand that the GTN650 will also cross feed with my Aera510

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Browncbr1 said:

Thanks guys.. 

After playing with the ipad sim for the GTN and IFD, I feel like the GTN is just way more intuitive, but as you know, the simulator is a GTN 750, not 650, so I was trying to understand some of the differences...     I understand that the GTN650 will also cross feed with my Aera510

You can also play with the 650 simulator. Go to settings in the ipad and go to Garmin GTN. Change from 750 to 650.

• Like 1