Happy Birthday to me:)

xcrmckenna

Welcome to our fun Mooney Family.  I learned to fly in Oregon at 4S2 Hood River, and KDLS The Dalles.  I used Advanced Aircraft Services in Troutdale for fuel tank re-seal. They are a Mooney Service Center and great folks:  http://www.advancedaircraft.net/index.html

Yeah Greg is a good guy, I've talked to him a few times about planes. I had an instructor that that lived in Hood River Lacey Wolf. It's pretty cool having a Mooney finally:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 3/17/2017 at 5:16 PM, xcrmckenna said:

The first leg had to end in Fort Stockton do to a late start out of Kerrville. But what a great day:)31f91f68e95e918a34290ae9b95a784b.jpge81b82dbc196cd5a191ec304dd671f69.jpgc575193ab342f65a8b37be0d062bfea9.jpgb45c2542ebf44dbd22bc1b5663ad978a.jpg

Love the pictures, I've got to get me one of those hats....

• Like 1

On 3/14/2017 at 11:51 PM, xcrmckenna said:

They are all class acts and have enjoyed every bit of dealing and working with them.

I'm based at GCD, John Day. It is eastern Oregon east of Bend if you know where that is. But I'm about an hour and ten Mooney minutes from Salem. You'll have to let me know next time you are heading over. Oregon pilots is having a fly in in June I believe just south of Salem in Aurora if you are interested.

I'll keep my eye out for you at the the fly in in June!  I haven't made it out over the Cascades that much, I've been busy flying locally working on my instrument rating.  

• Like 1

I'll keep my eye out for you at the the fly in in June!  I haven't made it out over the Cascades that much, I've been busy flying locally working on my instrument rating.  

Where are you based at?

Well my maiden trip home has ended at North Las Vegas. I had to scoot out of Kerrville and had great weather to here. But there is a storm front that has moved into Oregon and the marginal vfr is way below my personal minimums and there are way to many mountains out there for me:) So I'm leaving clear blue skies here in Vegas on a commercial flight to get home. Kind of a bummer, but I'm a little proud of myself for not pushing it. It just gives me one great reason to get back to Vegas:)

2cd5e5ed667cb3aa370960eeddb03a3d.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/17/2017 at 7:16 PM, xcrmckenna said:

The first leg had to end in Fort Stockton do to a late start out of Kerrville. But what a great day:)31f91f68e95e918a34290ae9b95a784b.jpge81b82dbc196cd5a191ec304dd671f69.jpgc575193ab342f65a8b37be0d062bfea9.jpgb45c2542ebf44dbd22bc1b5663ad978a.jpg

It's pretty neat flying over the oil fields. Fort Stockton has some, but just 50 miles north is Pecos, Tx that is thick with rigs right now. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, xcrmckenna said:

Well my maiden trip home has ended at North Las Vegas. I had to scoot out of Kerrville and had great weather to here. But there is a storm front that has moved into Oregon and the marginal vfr is way below my personal minimums and there are way to many mountains out there for me:) So I'm leaving clear blue skies here in Vegas on a commercial flight to get home. Kind of a bummer, but I'm a little proud of myself for not pushing it. It just gives me one great reason to get back to Vegas:)

2cd5e5ed667cb3aa370960eeddb03a3d.jpg

Wise Man.

Pritch

• Like 2

ad7df6717a548a3841e4bbf1ad947e4e.jpg

This is what my home field looked like after taking a commercial flight to Boise then a three hour drive home. I think it was a pretty good choice not to fly my plane.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
Sorry I missed this when it was first posted!  Awesome story.  I summer in Sandpoint Idaho.  If you get the flying bug this July, come see us.

Sounds like a plan. I have a trip or two planned to great falls when the weather gets better. I'll give you a heads up. Where do you head north from?

2 hours ago, xcrmckenna said:

Sounds like a plan. I have a trip or two planned to great falls when the weather gets better. I'll give you a heads up. Where do you head north from?

I work in Atlanta, and live just outside, in Kennesaw.  We migrate back and forth, but usually only fly the Mooney up in the summer.  We'll be up for most of July, and at least a couple of weeks in August...  KSZT.  Or if you're daring, my best friend is on a grass strip, Olmstead Sky Ranch, ID25.  I can't bring myself to try and land there.  Too bumpy for me.

1 minute ago, DMJones said:

I work in Atlanta, and live just outside, in Kennesaw.  We migrate back and forth, but usually only fly the Mooney up in the summer.  We'll be up for most of July, and at least a couple of weeks in August...  KSZT.  Or if you're daring, my best friend is on a grass strip, Olmstead Sky Ranch, ID25.  I can't bring myself to try and land there.  Too bumpy for me.

The grass strip at cavanaugh bay ,priest lake is very nice condition ..plus one of the nicest flyin camp grounds I've ever stayed out..

• Like 1

The grass strip at cavanaugh bay ,priest lake is very nice condition ..plus one of the nicest flyin camp grounds I've ever stayed out..

We'll take the bravo next time:)

Even the Bravo ,as heavy as it is on the nose ,is suitable for Priest Lake.I used to take my Baron in there and camp!Cool Bar and grill and marina with summer weekend live music just across from approach end...only thing it lacks from Sandpoint is a rental car but they got rental boats!