Happy Birthday to me:)

xcrmckenna

Well finally N201NewUnderwear is mine. Okay I'm still working on the name. After two and a half years of looking for a 201 I finally have one. And without a doubt it is in better shape and sooooo much better equipped than any of the other planes I looked at. And I looked at a lot all over the states. And I guess the third time is the charm going to Texas. Some might call it a unicorn but I just simply call it mine:)

I apologize for all the dumb questions I ever asked anyone about buying an airplane. But be ready for a bunch of dumb owner questions.... lol funny not funny.

I bought the plane from All American Aircraft Sales. I jumped on it the night they listed it and started out bugging David after hours on his personal phone. And all I can say it has been great dealing with them. David and Jimmy are a top of the line broker and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again. Truly if all party's involved have the desire for the same outcome it makes everything sooooo much easier. And I believe AAA wants nothing more than to put a great Mooney in your hanger.

I got the prebuy done at Dugosh and we are just about done with the annual. She is all buttoned up tonight and they will fly her in the morning.

If anyone has any questions about Dugosh coming back after the last owner feel free to ask me. David is awesome, I have been bending his ear the whole time I've been here and my only complaint is they are not closer to Oregon where I could have all the annuals and work done on N201NU. The attention to detail on the pre buy and everything since gives me great confidence in the condition of the plane. I could probably talk about planes with him all day long.

I did get to enjoy some time away from my plane today. I got to take an assembly line tour of the factory given by Robert Dutton. He answered every one of my million questions and still shook my hand after the tour:) He started out the tour by referencing family, and I told him it really felt like Mooney was family. From what I saw and what Mr. Dutton told me I don't see how that family won't be around for a long time. One thing that surprised me, with all of Roberts experience in aviation he said he is not a pilot. So anyone that knows him should get him some lessons:)

Tomorrow morning Dugosh will finish up the annual with a test flight and then I will be able to put her in the air for the first time. I would head home to Oregon, but I have already ordered my first upgrade and it won't be here till Friday. I contacted Chase Larabee at Avionics Source in Seattle and he has a new Avidyne 440 heading my way. I'm pulling out the 430w and will love flying behind the new unit. The plane has an Stec 30 with a GPSS converter, and a jpi 830. Can't go to wrong with that set up and should make me a happy camper for many years to come. I would of ordered an LED landing light to have on the way home, but Aircraft Spruce wanted over $200 in over night shipping on the light. So I will have to wait till I get home to install the Aeroleds sunspot.

Again I wanted to thank everyone for all the questions answered, and anyone that has started a thread that I have read. Because I've read a lot and learned so much thanks to all of you. And have much more to learn.

15a71c5054a5dbfa0d8d2edc48c8e746.jpgb81121fdc261c7034bd2d487cc5d34db.jpgb3a5621cac52a6444fef044058b2f333.jpg172076100e9f7e56724e630d975da54d.jpg09e7653c0458b4ed0d4ad0303f322368.jpg28b0e79699cbf500adc774880d00ebc0.jpg

It was even nice of the factory to put a sign out for me letting me know I was where I was suppose to be:) "hopefully you get a laugh at my expense with the Dip sign:)"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 13

Wow,

Way to go, Charles!

Any Transition training set up for the flight home?

Now starting the name that 201 contest....

Nu... Degrees of freedom....  (scientists and engineers dig this stuff)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nu_(letter)

A mooney provides the nth degree of freedom.

You are now free to fly about the country.   :)

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam
  • Like 1

I'm not in town, but go by the steak house tomorrow night. I will buy you a dessert. 

Tell Lori or Linda that I will pay them Sat night.

they hate it when I do this kind of stuff..... He he he. 

Congratulations  

David. 

Edit for spelling. Not that anyone would care. 

Edited by Mcstealth
  • Like 2

Wow,
Way to go, Charles!
Any Transition training set up for the flight home?
Now starting the name that 201 contest....
Nu... Degrees of freedom....  (scientists and engineers dig this stuff)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nu_(letter)
A mooney provides the nth degree of freedom.
You are now free to fly about the country.   
Best regards,
-a-

Thanks Anthony,
I have 20-25 hours of 201 time already so I'm good insurance wise. But I didn't set up any training time with my plane while I'm in Texas. I wasn't sure what my schedule was going to be. But my Mooney instructor has already been told we are going to start on my instrument training very soon:)

I did Google what NU could stand for and read that wiki and thought it was pretty fitting for a Mooney:) it will be great freedom. As long as the pocketbook allows it. Lol

• Like 1

I'm not in town, but go by the steak house tomorrow night. I will buy you a dessert. 
Tell Lori or Linda that I will pay them Sat night.
they hate it when I do this kind of stuff..... He he he. 
Congratulations  
David. 

Edit for spelling. Not that anyone would care. 

Thank you, and if I'm still here on Saturday you'll have to let me buy you dinner. It's been a great experience.

• Like 1

Congrats!  I look forward to this moment, as soon as I can find the right one.

Don't let anyone rush you or tell you, you should have bought one a long time ago. I'm so glad I didn't talk myself into buying any of the others I looked at.

Congrats!  I bought mine from All-American and Dave Behrens at Dugosh did the pre-buy for me as well last year.
You're in Oregon?  I fly out of KSLE, where are you based?

They are all class acts and have enjoyed every bit of dealing and working with them.

I'm based at GCD, John Day. It is eastern Oregon east of Bend if you know where that is. But I'm about an hour and ten Mooney minutes from Salem. You'll have to let me know next time you are heading over. Oregon pilots is having a fly in in June I believe just south of Salem in Aurora if you are interested.

You will have to stop by the North Coast of CA on your way home and show her off.
Pritch

I'm up if you and Bonal wanted to get together with a make shift fly in somewhere. I was planning on going from Vegas to Carson city. But I wouldn't have a problem popping over to the valley and stopping for fuel around Chico or something.

That's what I think but I think he is planning to go east of the sierras 

Let me know if you want to get together and see how the weather is. I might need some oil from LASAR:)

Congrats and well done!  
+1 for Jimmy and David at All American.  
A Mooney from Jimmy and David, along with a pre-buy from Dugosh or Maxwell right here in Texas, is arguably the surest way to know you've got a GOOD Mooney.

Yeah I didn't figure I could go wrong with these guys. Thank you.

Welcome to our fun Mooney Family.  I learned to fly in Oregon at 4S2 Hood River, and KDLS The Dalles.  I used Advanced Aircraft Services in Troutdale for fuel tank re-seal. They are a Mooney Service Center and great folks:  http://www.advancedaircraft.net/index.html