Will try to reach Brian on 14,346 KHz at around 5pm EDT from my plane at about 8,000ft. I had tried to reach him before but no luck, I heard others calling him with no luck either. Besides propagation Brian may be listening to the Oceanic ATC and maybe occasionally listening on the ham bands. If the HF radio is set to scan mode there is a greater chance of contact. On one occasion I was able to reach Carol Ann Garret on the NY oceanic ATC HF frequency but only to say hello (no chatting on ATC frequencies). 

https://www.faasafety.gov/files/events/EA/EA39/2013/EA3951363/Around_the_World_For_ALS.pdf

Oceanic ATC Frequencies http://hamuniverse.com/aerofreq.html

Try listening the Honolulu Volmet to asses propagation.

José

KP4DAC

Edited by Piloto
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Piloto said:

Called Brian today on 14,346 KHz but no luck. I think there was no signal propagation between the Pacific and Florida since I could not hear Honolulu Volmets either.

José

From my west coast qth..Hawaii is usually no problem especially with a kilowatt...but no contact from me either k6zk

17 minutes ago, thinwing said:

Looks like he is staying at a nice Cameron park taxiway house on Boeing Dr...hopefully he can take a day or too to decompress

I would say that the US is the most friendly and accommodating country for GA in the world (barring the Feds Against Aviation, of course) and he's just relaxing and basking in the warmth of it :wub:

Welcome back to CONUS Brian!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

This thread is fake news.  I read that the Earth is flat.

Did he fly through Russian airspace on this journey?  If so, no one from the Trump administration should reach out to congratulate him on his accomplishment or there will be a new congressional inquiry and more claims of Russian collusion.  (Sorry, couldn't resist)

3 hours ago, Ftlausa said:

Did he fly through Russian airspace on this journey?  If so, no one from the Trump administration should reach out to congratulate him on his accomplishment or there will be a new congressional inquiry and more claims of Russian collusion.  (Sorry, couldn't resist)

Fake news