6 hours ago, Mcstealth said:

Okay. I will say 46? 60x12=720 inches  16 into 720 is 45. One plant on each end equals 46?

i will go read the the whole thread now just to see how bad I failed. :)

Great work! You're in the 99th percentile for all 7th graders who took this test.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yvesg said:

Does anyone knows why Brian is not moving today?

Yves

I think I found the answer. His final destination today (Yangoon) has bad weather. There are many CBs all along.

Yves

IMG_3537.PNG

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 3:52 PM, Bob_Belville said:

1+60'/(16"/12")=46. Where 1 is the tomato at the end of the row that gets missed by pilots flying behind the plane.  

The real question is how many beers does it take for him to plant a 60' row...

• Like 3

I got this Russian watch at Red Square after my Seiko died in Zhukovsky while working on the BE-200 project. The watch only lasted 3 month. After this I decided never to have a battery operated watch. The battery can die at any time with no warning. That is why I got the Citizen Eco-Drive.

José

20170617_101833.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/15/2017 at 3:55 PM, Bob_Belville said:

Yup, there's that pesky extra one again. So... we recognize we haven't finished the trip until we get to the 25th zone and we should be able to see that by exactly the same careful logic we haven't gone 1/2 way until we get to the 13th zone. :rolleyes:

:) I like Brian's math.

5945f16cb2954_ScreenShot2017-06-17at12_43_20PM.thumb.png.c8d6c078bedb854f2ca38e707187ab2d.png

• Like 2

Hello Chittagong, Bangladesh!  :)

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N916BL

It seems some extra distance gets added at the end of each flight, as Brian is either dodging weather or mountains....  not just point A to point B, direct...

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam

12 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

I have a weakness for watches. I like the precision of the mechanisms, I like the detail of the workmanship. These are the three pilot watches that I own. The only one I paid for was the Cassio Eco Drive, the Bell & Ross, as well as the Rolex were rewards won at work. All of them have the GMT/UTC function. The Rolex is the most accurate followed by the Cassio and then the Bell & Ross. But the B&R is definitely the easiest to read in the cockpit.

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 6.01.16 AM.png

this be my watch.

image.jpeg

Edited by Mcstealth

3 hours ago, carusoam said:

Yangon, Myanmar...

But, I'm not getting any flight data...

Can a Mooney formation pilot get a new updated call sign?  Phineus or Earthrounder?

Go Brian!

Best regards,

-a-

A Mooney Formation Pilot should be able to get anything they want, but I don't believe that is what you are asking.  

What you may be asking is whether the Council of Elders of the Mooney Caravan will deign to modify Brian's callsign after it was originally assigned. (I did not know Brian flew with the Mooney Caravan, but there is a lot that I do not know.)

Your question (if it is what I think it is) is a much more political question and involves lobbyists, scotch, and perhaps the invocations called forth by more than one lawyer (that may be pilots - that may be Mooney pilots - that may also be Caravan pilots - that may serve the Council of Elders - that may even be ON the Council of Elders....).

In the ceremony designed to humiliate all Caravan pilots and bestow a callsign on them (ask Buttercup about this), I would vote for one of your suggestions for a new callsign for him.  But then, my vote does not really count.     -_-

I am in Bangkok and today was the day he was scheduled to arrive here.  He made it to Yangon today at about 1:30 pm local time I believe.  He will not be be flying here today. There are CBs galore between us.

Good luck Brian - fly safe!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ned Gravel said:

A Mooney Formation Pilot should be able to get anything they want, but I don't believe that is what you are asking.  

What you may be asking is whether the Council of Elders of the Mooney Caravan will deign to modify Brian's callsign after it was originally assigned. (I did not know Brian flew with the Mooney Caravan, but there is a lot that I do not know.)

Your question (if it is what I think it is) is a much more political question and involves lobbyists, scotch, and perhaps the invocations called forth by more than one lawyer (that may be pilots - that may be Mooney pilots - that may also be Caravan pilots - that may serve the Council of Elders - that may even be ON the Council of Elders....).

In the ceremony designed to humiliate all Caravan pilots and bestow a callsign on them (ask Buttercup about this), I would vote for one of your suggestions for a new callsign for him.  But then, my vote does not really count.     -_-

I am in Bangkok and today was the day he was scheduled to arrive here.  He made it to Yangon today at about 1:30 pm local time I believe.  He will not be be flying here today. There are CBs galore between us.

Good luck Brian - fly safe!!

Ned, his call sign is Pinky. He flew with the Caravan two or three years ago. I recall him well.

Yves

Re: the earlier discussion, "running the gauntlet of conflict zones".

There was a recent violent attack and fire today 18 June 2017 on a hotel tourist resort compound near Bamako, Mali.

Some small aircraft were involved in fighting against the attackers, see the BBC News video:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-40322039

"Malian troops and soldiers from France’s Barkhane counter-terrorism force were called to Le Campement in Dougourakoro, a resort popular with westerners east of Bamako. Residents nearby reported hearing shots fired while smoke billowed into the air.

At least 32 people were rescued and 14 others injured, the security ministry said.

“Security forces are in place. Campement Kangaba is blocked off and an operation is under way,” said a security ministry spokesman, Baba Cisse. “The situation is under control.”

Witness Boubacar Sangare was just outside the compound during the attack. “Westerners were fleeing the encampment while two plainclothes police exchanged fire with the assailants,” he said. “There were four national police vehicles and French soldiers in armoured vehicles on the scene.” He added that a helicopter was circling overhead."

Gao, Mali, was one of Amelia Earhart's stops in June 1937. There have been recent violent attacks on the Gao airport

Coincidentally, Brian Lloyd flew Spirit over that part of Mali last week on 11 June, but did not land there.

Mali_Route_Spirit_11Jun2017.jpg

Edited by BCrystal

7 hours ago, yvesg said:

Ned, his call sign is Pinky. He flew with the Caravan two or three years ago. I recall him well.

Yves

Cool.  

Go Pinky!!!  

Here is today's forecast for Yangon.  Cirrus at or above 10,000' here in Bangkok and they are clearing.  So landing in Bangkok is going to be less of a problem than getting out of Yangon.

59471d5b7bfc0_Yangonweather.thumb.jpg.6e82f4931ef41184556bcdfe73ef871c.jpg