4 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

So that first tomato represents the first time zone that Brian Lloyd started in . . lol    Sorry I couldn't resist . . haha

Don't be sorry, that's exactly the point! He's not half way until he plants that 12th tomato in the 13th time zone. :P (It takes 11 posts on 10' centers to build a 100' fence.)

Except here's a picture of him planting a tomato near Kestrel Airpark just before departure, which means he's planted 12 so far and only has 12 remaining in the back of his 231 . . lol. By the time he's back he should have tomatoes.

4671707-mature-man-planting-a-tomato-plant-in-the-garden-closeup.jpg.7fc1cf197f8021881dd3e6b8555fe72b.jpg

Even though there are only 24 time zones, he actually will have been in 25 time zones by the time he's done. (He will have been in Texas twice)

31 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

Even though there are only 24 time zones, he actually will have been in 25 time zones by the time he's done. (He will have been in Texas twice)

Yup, there's that pesky extra one again. So... we recognize we haven't finished the trip until we get to the 25th zone and we should be able to see that by exactly the same careful logic we haven't gone 1/2 way until we get to the 13th zone. :rolleyes:

OK guys, you are getting me going again: Trivia: If four (4) city workers take 60 minutes to dig 2 holes, how long would take a worker (one worker) to dig half a hole?

Answer coming...

Yves

2 minutes ago, yvesg said:

OK guys, you are getting me going again: Trivia: If four (4) city workers take 60 minutes to dig 2 holes, how long would take a worker (one worker) to dig half a hole?

Answer coming...

Yves

You have to make some assumptions, but, one hour.

Don't get roped in by the lawyer telling you you can dig a half a hole....

Some kids get triaged at an early age...  little league baseball often teaches the off by one rule...

The coach tells them to practice throwing 60' (distance between bases)

1) the first kids can't figure out how to stand 60' from one another...

2) the next group knows the fence comes in 10' sections... The not so sharp ones mistakenly count the first post... impressed by how easy it is to throw 50' when they think it's 60...

3) only the young einsteins will practice the long throw properly... 

The lawyer wannabes start debating the distance...  :)

If you have kids/grand kids in this age group you can teach them this rule and tell them you learned it on MS.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Something that I found useful on these trips is my Citizen Eco-Drive Watch.

Solar powered no need to worry about a dead battery over Africa

Time zone change at the push of a button clearly identifying the new zone

UTC 24 hrs dial. Useful for oceanic position reports.

Date month/day and day of the week Monday thru Sunday.

E6-B dial

Very accurate mine gain 1 sec/month.

Waterproof and rugged construction. I have the Titanium version which make it lightweight

Had it for 13 years and never stop ticking.

Paid $300 for it in 2004

José

Watch.jpg

Edited by Piloto
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, yvesg said:

Answer: There is not such a thing as half a hole. A hole is a hole. 

Yves

That is where the assumption I mentioned comes in. If the hole we were talking about were 1 foot deep holes, then a half of "that" hole would be 6 inches deep.

8 hours ago, DonMuncy said:

That is where the assumption I mentioned comes in. If the hole we were talking about were 1 foot deep holes, then a half of "that" hole would be 6 inches deep.

Huh?

Location check...  near Bhopal, India.  (Yesterday)

Haven't heard that city's name since 1984. (Thanks Union Carbide, engineering ethics 101)

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N916BL

appears to be taxiing in as I type... 300' AGL, 21 kts, (Ranchi, India 5:00pm)

time may be incorrect, I'm going with what the internet said....

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam

With where all he's going, what if he picks up a passenger named Montezuma on one of these long legs?  As you get older you tend to think of these things :-)

You don't want to know why it concerns me in a Mooney!!!!

A lifetime adventure to remember. Now, when Slocum did it the first time, in a boat, solo around the world, he got paid for "talks" in various cities to help finance his trip.

Brian needs to appear at OSH this year.  :-) Give a talk.  

• Like 1

Just now, cliffy said:

With where all he's going, what if he picks up a passenger named Montezuma on one of these long legs?  As you get older you tend to think of these things :-)

There's a reason why I keep a zip lock baggie with some Immodium AD in my flight bag (as well as backpack when hiking/camping, and carryon when flying commercial). Boy Scout Motto, "Be Prepared!"