M20K 231 in Texas

dtoelke

3 hours ago, carusoam said:

Dan,

People often finance their Mooneys... unless you have no income... that would make the challenge a little stronger... :)

Best regards,

-a-

Lol , no we have a rule . If you can't pay cash , you can't have it. Not much fun sometimes. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I am getting close to finalizing the purchase of a 1979 Mooney m20k.  I am in the Austin TX area and curious if anyone has contacts for a mechanic who knows these planes I can establish a relationship with going forward? Please email me if you know someone at mwhit1969@yahoo.com.  I appreciate it!

12 hours ago, Crash said:

I am getting close to finalizing the purchase of a 1979 Mooney m20k.  I am in the Austin TX area and curious if anyone has contacts for a mechanic who knows these planes I can establish a relationship with going forward? Please email me if you know someone at mwhit1969@yahoo.com.  I appreciate it!

I think the consensus would be to take it to Southwest Texas Aviation in Simthville (84R) http://www.swta.net/

• Like 3

Dugosh Aviation in Kerrville is a Mooney Service Center not too far away from you. I had had my annual done there. Don Maxwell in Longview is a bit of a hike but he is decidedly one of the best Mooney shops out there. I'm sure there are probably some other experienced Mooney mechanics/shops around the area.

18 hours ago, Crash said:

Just east of you at 84R there is a good Mooney Service Center.  Southwest Texas Aviation - JD Casteel.

• Like 2