If you are interested in seeing the FAA approve the TruTrak autopilot for the vintage Mooney's go to www.trutrakap.com and fill out the survey.  The more Mooney owners that fill out the survey the faster we will get it approved.  

TruTrak wants to see how much interest there is for the Mooney compared to other vintage aircraft.  

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, tigers2007 said:

I wouldn't doubt it'll be out this fall but how many of those that expressed interest would truly pay the $7k or so to have it installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it will work with the Aspen and fly gpss and all the goodies work, I'm one. I'd replace the king we have so fast.

• Like 1

Done.

11 hours ago, tigers2007 said:

I wouldn't doubt it'll be out this fall but how many of those that expressed interest would truly pay the $7k or so to have it installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would. The ability to get an autopilot that does the same as one of the upper STEC models for $7,000 is absolutely worth it to me. I haven't even considered an autopilot due to the expense of buying it and having it installed.

• Like 2

Just now, CJpilot316 said:

I spoke with the Trutrak guys at Sun N Fun, and they said they anticipated having Mooneys approved next year. Too long to wait, let's make sure they hear us!

They just sent out an email saying that the next items on their list are the Cessna 182's and the PA-28's. I'll wait until next year for this if it means getting a great product for such a low price. Either that or another company will come along with a certified autopilot to compete with them that'll be certified for Mooney's before then.

Done.  Their 172 kit seemed to be about $5K   I could probably make $2K selling the Brittian Acutrac.  Seems like a day and half to do the install.  Use the Brittian tubing to pull the wires so would not need to open up the whole wing.  The tail tubing is tied so would have to open up the side panel and battery access.

• Like 1