Should I turn a Free snowblower into a tug??

Wakeup

My partner at work purchased a new snow blower a few months ago because his would not start.  He said if I wanted to get it running I could have it for Free.  I love Feee stuff.  I picked it up today and was surprised by how big it was and how nice.  He put SeaFoam in it after all the failed starts and said it will prob start now. Second pull.   Runs perfect.   I think it's too nice and too big to turn into a Tug??  Do I keep it for the occasional snow or make a awesome Tug???  

IMG_6476.JPG

IMG_6477.JPG

Both, put a reinforcing strap over the top of the blade housing and mount a tow ball there.  You can use it as a snow blower and a tug.

The MTD and Troy Bilt use a rubber drive wheel that is not that strong to drive the main wheels so go easy on it when used as a tug.

For short periods of time it would work fine but most blower engines don't have much cooling fin on the heads and tend to overheat very quickly in summer weather.  That said having the electric start and the multiple speeds forward and reverse would be great.  A little fab work and you are in like flynn.

I'm not sure where you're located but I would consider fabricating a clamp style hitch for the front and also leaving the snowblower intact. I could use a free one of those as the snow build up near my hangar door gets atrocious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sounds funny but I was hoping it wasn't going to be so nice.  It's basically brand new and he thought it didn't run.  The conversions I have seen have been on smaller snow blowers.  I like the idea of keeping the blower intact somehow.  I can push the Mooney around by myself without problems but it would be nice for a little assistance sometimes with the Cherokee 6, it's  a little heavier.   

Thanks for everyone input,

Troy 

On 3/9/2017 at 11:51 PM, Wakeup said:

My partner at work purchased a new snow blower a few months ago because his would not start.  He said if I wanted to get it running I could have it for Free.  I love Feee stuff.  I picked it up today and was surprised by how big it was and how nice.  He put SeaFoam in it after all the failed starts and said it will prob start now. Second pull.   Runs perfect.   I think it's too nice and too big to turn into a Tug??  Do I keep it for the occasional snow or make a awesome Tug???  

IMG_6476.JPG

IMG_6477.JPG

Virginia ?  Snowblower? Make it a nice tug. 

• Like 1