Anyone based in Vegas?

I can think of 3 other Mooney's in the Vegas area, including one guy that winters his plane in Boulder City. But none of them use a username based on their real names and don't remember their user names (don't recall any recent post by either of the 3 I am thinking of). But I also know there are more than that too. Sorry that's not much help other than saying there are quite a few there.

@EricJ do you need to get rated for the plane or just transition help? I'm not a cfi but I can help you learn the plane no problem. 

@amillet: where is this person based, any idea? 

@kortopates: thanks for the info, guess I'm going to have to network. I know one guy that keeps his at VGT on a covered tie down. But was hoping to find someone to do shared hangar space. 

Mike

Edited by MHemperly

Hangers are a premium out here and there is a long wait list to get one at all the airports. Occasional you will find one for sale. The only thing that is available are shade hangers without wait at north las vegas for around $100/mo. or tie downs for less. Henderson and boulder city would only have tie downs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, MHemperly said:

@EricJ do you need to get rated for the plane or just transition help? I'm not a cfi but I can help you learn the plane no problem. 

Just transition training to meet insurance requirements, so CFI is preferred.  Thanks, though!

Just now, Sqrtree said:

Hangers are a premium out here and there is a long wait list to get one at all the airports. Occasional you will find one for sale. The only thing that is available are shade hangers without wait at north las vegas for around $100/mo. or tie downs for less. Henderson and boulder city would only have tie downs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay that's good to know. Thank you! 

Mike

On 3/7/2017 at 0:02 AM, EricJ said:

Just transition training to meet insurance requirements, so CFI is preferred.

I'm in Vegas a fair amount, we may be able to work something out depending on specifics of your needs and my availability.

• Like 1

I'm based at VGT and use the shade hangars.  I've noticed a few hangars that have signs posted on them for rent or sale.  T hangars seem to rent for $250-$350 range.  Bigger hangars go for $500/month.  T hangar sell for around $50k-$75k and the bigger hangar are listed for $500k.  If you buy a hangar then you have to lease the ground for an additional $100/month.  I noticed a good size hangar for sale on barnstormer at Boulder City for $80k.  Next time I'm at VGT I can write some phone numbers down and give them to you.  Let me know if you want me to do so.  

11 hours ago, kerry said:

I'm based at VGT and use the shade hangars.  I've noticed a few hangars that have signs posted on them for rent or sale.  T hangars seem to rent for $250-$350 range.  Bigger hangars go for $500/month.  T hangar sell for around $50k-$75k and the bigger hangar are listed for $500k.  If you buy a hangar then you have to lease the ground for an additional $100/month.  I noticed a good size hangar for sale on barnstormer at Boulder City for $80k.  Next time I'm at VGT I can write some phone numbers down and give them to you.  Let me know if you want me to do so.  

That would be great! Thank you so much! T hangar for 250-350 rent isn't bad. I'm moving tomorrow but won't be getting the plane until sometime after. 

1 hour ago, kerry said:

There's a T hagar for $550/month.  Ph# 702 275-4422.  There's another T hangar for rent ph# 702 204-6120, Don't know the the price.  Seem's like in the past I've seen better prices on T- hangers for rent.

You're awesome thank you!! I'll give them a call

Mike