Making (NEW) Mooney T shirts!

M20FanJesse

EDIT*** Now in new improved desings! :)

New Designs found HERE

https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=201MPH+club&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3A201MPH+club

Hi guys! My name is Jesse, Im a 24 year old Private Pilot who loves Mooneys and would one day love to own a 1979 Mooney M20J exactly like my grandfathers. I am going to be doing my High Performance and Complex rating here in the next week or two! I mainly hang out on reddits flying forum, but others there recommended that you all here might like to hear about my efforts.
In an attempt to save up for my instrument, I have drawn a Mooney M20E(C) design (among others) for a t shirt that I’m trying to sell to help fund my training. I list them for sale on amazon, and a company prints them and ships them to you in just over a week or so. I would love it if you guys could take a look. If you have any suggestions for other models or tips, I’d be happy to incorporate them or add them into the design!

Thank you guys!!

Here is the amazon link. smile.amazon is the same amazon, but they send a small piece to our favorite Mooney charity. For more info on the connection ask Mooney CFII Mike in Florida...@mike_elliott. At this page you will see the indication 'supporting Mooney Summit, inc.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B071CQ4Y31

NOW IN WOMENS and Youths!

EDIT* I realize I might have posted this in the wrong section. Mods, if you can, please move this to the classifieds section, sorry! Or I can repost it there. 

Edited by M20FanJesse
I can't read forum topic headings
  • Like 6

59 minutes ago, Danb said:

Nice stuff 

Thank you!

53 minutes ago, bonal said:

Very nice and I wish you luck with your shirts and training.  I hope you have checked with Mooney for any copy rights they may hold some companies are very protective of their designs

Thank you very much! No I have not. That is one thing that worries me. I tried to combine designs between the 20E and C, to not be exact, and I did that with other models as well (150 crossed with a 152). If they do speak up about someone using their designs, I will take them down immediately. I was hoping I could use my drawlings under free use though..:unsure:. And thats why I mostly try to stick with drawing out of production models...

28 minutes ago, "Chocks" said:

My step is fixed. :)  

Ordered one too!

The step retracts on some models?

Thank you guys so much!!!!! :D

Edited by M20FanJesse

13 minutes ago, M20FanJesse said:

Thank you!

Thank you very much! No I have not. That is one thing that worries me. I tried to combine designs between the 20E and C, to not be exact, and I did that with other models as well (150 crossed with a 152). If they do speak up about someone using their designs, I will take them down immediately. I was hoping I could use my drawlings under free use though..:unsure:. And thats why I mostly try to stick with drawing out of production models...

The step retracts on some models?

Thank you guys so much!!!!! :D

oh yea!!  Vacuum operated step.  As soon as you fire the engine on my F the step retracts.  On shut down it comes clunking down.  Mooneys are all about cheap speed, cant have that drag hanging out there.

whats your reddit handle?  Im flying_alt over there.

Edited by TheTurtle
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wishboneash said:

MSers will be able to tell the difference between a '77J, '78J and the latter 'Js from the 80s :P

Yeah but none of us can see your t-shirt... or even that you might not be even wearing pants while surfing MS.  :huh:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheTurtle said:

oh yea!!  Vacuum operated step.  As soon as you fire the engine on my F the step retracts.  On shut down it comes clunking down.  Mooneys are all about cheap speed, cant have that drag hanging out there.

whats your reddit handle?  Im flying_alt over there.

Well if you have a Mooney that has a fixed step, the shirt is accurate. If it retracts, then the shirt is even more accurate because the pump will probably fail at some point and get stuck haha! I'm jessejamess overthere on reddit. I got the suggestion to do most of the planes I have up right now from those guys so I'll be making a post there sometime next week too!

• Like 2

And if any of y'all are going to be at the AOPA Camarillo Fly In, I plan on putting up a small table outside my friends hangar and selling some there too! KCMA is my home airport! Though I'll have mostly 172 shirts since that seems to be the majority type that come. 

27 minutes ago, M20FanJesse said:

Though I'll have mostly 172 shirts since that seems to be the majority type that come. 

That's all right.

If you start making Cirrus shirts, we may ask you to leave, however.  ;)

• Like 2

Great idea!! Good luck with your training. I would think what you have is considered "artwork"

Its not copied from anything  Mooney I have seen. If corporate wants to shoot you down on this they have some real problems.

Well Done!!

-Matt

• Like 3

Just now, MB65E said:

Great idea!! Good luck with your training. I would think what you have is considered "artwork"

Its not copied from anything  Mooney I have seen. If corporate wants to shoot you down on this they have some real problems.

Well Done!!

-Matt

Not necessarily true,calling something art does not allow you to reproduce a product or image of such especially if you are making multiple copies which is equivalent to publishing. Not using the Mooney name or logo is helpful but the distinction of the image (accuracy) a case can be made for copyright violation. using an out of production model is smart because most companies will not likely care. Try making at shirt with anything Harly Davidson on it with out purchase of the rights and you will be in court.  It really comes down to how aggressively they want to protect their product image making sure they are being properly represented and not so much about money.