Making (NEW) Mooney T shirts!

M20FanJesse

3 minutes ago, DaV8or said:

Aren't those images from the POH?

I did reference the POH for the outlines, but the details, panel lines, lights, intakes, prop, gear door, are all mine. Is this still too close you think? 

Edited by M20FanJesse

3 minutes ago, M20FanJesse said:

I did reference the POH for the outlines, but the details, panel lines, lights, intakes, prop, gear door, are all mine. Is this still too close you think? 

Just ignore the haters. The shirts look great. No one's gonna give you any trouble because of them.

Harley Davidson has to protect their logo from t-shirt makers since they undoubtedly make more money off t-shirts and leather jackets than their shitty motorcycles.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

Just ignore the haters. The shirts look great. No one's gonna give you any trouble because of them.

Harley Davidson has to protect their logo from t-shirt makers since they undoubtedly make more money off t-shirts and leather jackets than their shitty motorcycles.

I ask a question and I'm a "hater"?? OK... You're little comment about Harley Davidson above sounds a lot more like a hater to me. Just saying'...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DaV8or said:

I ask a question and I'm a "hater"?? OK... You're little comment about Harley Davidson above sounds a lot more like a hater to me. Just saying'...

No, wasn't directed at you Dave, but you are correct, I might be a Harley hater. :ph34r:

I'm certainly not a hater and I hope he is successful all I'm doing is pointing out there are real issues when it come to copyright infringement and it should be pretty obvious when someone goes by the name GSXR pilot as opposed to Mooney pilot he might not be a huge fan of Harley's

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bonal said:

I'm certainly not a hater and I hope he is successful all I'm doing is pointing out there are real issues when it come to copyright infringement...

Thank you! Well, the goal is to save for and attain my instrument rating, not go to jail or be sued into the ground by my favorite aircraft manufacturer haha 
So I do take it seriously. I did design this around an older out of production model with no numbers, names or logos to reduce the chances of it being considered any kind of infringement. If theres enough evidence that it is, I will take it down asap and wont sell any more. I'll go back to just cleaning planes. But I'd rather not because designing t shirts is so much more fun, and so many more people can enjoy it.

Edit* And I'd like to point out that t shirts like this have been on amazon for far longer, and include just about every model. Name, logo, exact representation, paint scheme and everything. Mine is far less representative, so thats why I think I'm safe, but I understand its quite anecdotal, and I'd be happy to hear others opinions on it, perhaps through a direct message.

Edited by M20FanJesse
  • Like 2

Do look at some info on copyright standards and what constitutes infringement or not on images, especially artwork.   If it is your original work, you are (probably) clear.   I would suggest not discussing here (or anywhere) any details.   I do still want a shirt. ;)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Vlakvark said:

Tried to order. No shipping up to Canada. 

Unfortunately something about the integration with this printing company and amazon does not allow for shipments outside of the US. Its a problem, an Im trying to find another way to provide shipping globally. 

21 hours ago, wishboneash said:

Got one too. I'll pretend it's a J :-)

Thanks.

Thank you! If you get a size too small, it will stretch the chest area, and look more like a J model. Similar to the Cessna 150 shirt, if its way too small, I've found out that it looks like a Cardinal! haha 

On 3/7/2017 at 5:34 AM, co2bruce said:

Ordered 2, nice shirt

Thank you so much!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

Any chance of doing long sleeve t-shirts?

I might do mine extra small to make it look like a TBM-930 .. lol   j/k

Eventually hopefully! The company I'm utilizing to print these has the ability to put this design on nearly anything! (dog bowls, phone cases, long sleeve shirts, hoodies, even pillow cases!) But amazon only allows me to upload a few listings a week, so I'm trying to get as many different plane shirts up first as I can, then I'll start branching out with what other products I put it on. So it might be a few months, but eventually!

19 minutes ago, nsrrlearjet said:

Just got one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't thank you enough! :D I hope you like it!

I'm about to order one and noticed it says runs large.  I normally wear an XL but have had to go to an XXL lately.  I know.  I know.  I got two XL a Mooney shirts from another source for Christmas and both are two small.  Should I go for the XXL or XL.  5'9, 210#   Thanks.  Troy 

https://smile.amazon.com/Mooney-Airplane-Pilot-T-Shirt-Front/dp/B06XDNYWV4/ref=smi_www_rco2_go_smi_2609328962?_encoding=UTF8&ie=UTF8&nodeID=7141123011&qid=1488840274&s=apparel&sr=1-9

While we are sending Jesse to flight school, consider using the smile.amazon connection to support downed Mooney pilots and their family...

the smile.amazon is the same amazon, but they send a small piece to our favorite Mooney charity.

for more info on the connection ask Mooney CFII Mike in Florida... (sorry Mike, forgot your contact details...)

At this page you will see the indication 'supporting Mooney Summit, inc.  If there is a 'hello anthony' you have logged in as me. Hopefully it doesn't do that... (let me know if it does)

As for the legal issues... (hint) look for the usual trade mark TM and copyright C logos where you got the graphics from...

Most importantly, don't lose the quality of the graphics. Stay true to Al's legacy... Mooney customer's get more openly temperamental than anyone else...

Best regards,

-a-

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam
  • Like 3

Bought one with the smile link via an American Airlines inflight wifi. Will the wonders of technology cease.  

Also I got a chuckle out of the customers who bought the t shirt also bought.... fluorosilicone o rings, stratux cases, Phillips x c oil... hehe 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wakeup said:

I'm about to order one and noticed it says runs large.  I normally wear an XL but have had to go to an XXL lately.  I know.  I know.  I got two XL a Mooney shirts from another source for Christmas and both are two small.  Should I go for the XXL or XL.  5'9, 210#   Thanks.  Troy 

I am normally a medium, and a small fits me with room to spare, and my friend who's usually a large fits a medium fine. So I assume the same is true for the the XL too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

https://smile.amazon.com/Mooney-Airplane-Pilot-T-Shirt-Front/dp/B06XDNYWV4/ref=smi_www_rco2_go_smi_2609328962?_encoding=UTF8&ie=UTF8&nodeID=7141123011&qid=1488840274&s=apparel&sr=1-9

While we are sending Jesse to flight school, consider using the smile.amazon connection to support downed Mooney pilots and their family...

the smile.amazon is the same amazon, but they send a small piece to our favorite Mooney charity.

I will change the link on my original post to this! 
As far as legality goes, I didn't just lift the images from the POH. You can compare them yourself if you're curious. They are quite different. Like I mentioned, if anyone wants them taken down, I will do so without question! 

Thank you all for the support. I can't thank you enough

Edited by M20FanJesse
  • Like 1