New STAR

A fave waypoint near here that I use a lot just because I love it so much is BANYO.   ;)

My flying is typically VFR using the GPS, and there are so many happily-named waypoints around here that using the fun ones is a preference in route selection.

BANYO has been around for a long time....what is it's meaning?  I never thought about it and "don't get it" if there is a meaning to it.

I think Orlando has a good arrival name:  GOOFY6 arrival.  It used to have some waypoints named after Disney characters but I think the current version has deleted them.

Just now, carqwik said:

I think Orlando has a good arrival name:  GOOFY6 arrival.  It used to have some waypoints named after Disney characters but I think the current version has deleted them.

Probably cause they got sued by Disney for Trademark infringement! :lol:

Between Austin and Houston area our arrival fixes are named after highly-regarded "beers" such as SHYNR and BOKKE.

Near Norman, OK they're named after past OU basket greats like TSDEL and WAYMN.

FAA ain't ALL bad.:)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, carqwik said:

BANYO has been around for a long time....what is it's meaning?  I never thought about it and "don't get it" if there is a meaning to it.

baño  means 'bathroom' in Spanish and is pronounced like banyo.   Just makes me chuckle when I see it.  Going NW or W out of Scottsdale it's just a convenient point to navigate around Deer Valley's Class D space.

Edited by EricJ
Updated reason for editing.

4 hours ago, carqwik said:

I've used GOOFY a number of times over the past 15 years or so and don't recall different waypoints than the present ones. OTOH, in addition to GOOFY, there are also MINEE and PIGLT STARs for Orlando