How to Join NJMP (NJ Mooney Pilots) for NorthEasterners

201er

Ok, I guess I owe it to new northeastern Mooney Pilots to post about the NJ Mooney Pilots Group. Although the name has NJ in it, it's open to all surrounding areas and we fly to NJ, NY, and PA. Basically we're just based in the vicinity of NJ as opposed to eastern PA or northern NY. We meet for lunch at fly-ins about once or twice a month. Fly ins are scheduled on a weather/mood/turn-out basis ad hoc usually the day before.

I used to have a website for the group when we first started until I lost it to a server crash. Haven't been able to recover it so this is your only chance to find out. We have over 80 members on our roster and typically 5-10 showing up at fly-ins. We had 6 Mooneys and 10 participants today for example.

So, if you fly a Mooney out of or in the vicinity of NJ, you are welcome to join our group. PM me here on Mooneyspace with the following:

Full Name

Email

Phone

Home Base

Model

N-Number

Remarks

I will add you to our database of pilots and to our email list. Be sure to follow the yahoo-groups invitation email to get signed up for our email list. You won't get any emails for a while but then on a Thursday or Friday when there are good prospects for the weekend, you might see the list light up with restaurant suggestions. Feel free to chime in where you'd like to go and then the chosen location will be emailed to everyone on that list.

So if you would like to join or know a Mooney pilot in the area that wants to join, get in touch with me here on Mooneyspace or by email to Mike and the domain NJMooney with a com on the end.

• Like 2

Oscar, I added you and sent the invite. I wouldn't recommend putting all your details here, however, don't know what kind of nutjobs from Mooneyspace might want to stalk you. You can erase your info here.

Anyone else joining, please PM or EMAIL me your details for our private list. We won't post your info publicly. It is only accessible to others who have joined.

• Like 2

Oscar, I added you and sent the invite. I wouldn't recommend putting all your details here, however, don't know what kind of nutjobs from Mooneyspace might want to stalk you. You can erase your info here.
Anyone else joining, please PM or EMAIL me your details for our private list. We won't post your info publicly. It is only accessible to others who have joined.

Thanks good point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, 201er said:

Pardon the thread drift. Maybe I'm just naive, but I go by my real name and will post my address and all my phone numbers here. I consider most of the guys/gals here as friends, and have not been disappointed so far.

• Like 3

Just now, DonMuncy said:

Pardon the thread drift. Maybe I'm just naive, but I go by my real name and will post my address and all my phone numbers here. I consider most of the guys/gals here as friends, and have not been disappointed so far.

Actually I was joking about the Mooneyspacers. It's the rest of the internet world, spammer scum in particular that you want to watch out for. They have bots reading all pages for emails and phone numbers to bother with their junk.

Just now, 201er said:

Actually I was joking about the Mooneyspacers. It's the rest of the internet world, spammer scum in particular that you want to watch out for. They have bots reading all pages for emails and phone numbers to bother with their junk.

And all this time, I thought it was the MS crowd sending me those offers of nude pics, etc. :) 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Yeah, that be me.

116d30f0dc14a2bd2e7a1d24b898d4b5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hey that reminds me (The can of spam)I'm going to be Maui next week...l have a 172 reserved for inter-island hopping ,was planning on checking out the volcano on the big island...anyone have more suggestions?

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
I'm not sure if we will have anything anytime soon, in fact Pankey and I are still trying to figure out if we are going to do the annual Memorial Day weekend get together. 
Brian

Actually we hope you do an event this summer. It would be nice to travel to somewhere else than our annual pilgrimage to Quakertown.

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

Actually we hope you do an event this summer. It would be nice to travel to somewhere else than our annual pilgrimage to Quakertown.

for this year if we do something it will be at Quakertown, but it is right at the time we will have to move from the temp housing we are currently in. in the future we will either be in salisbury MD or Accomack VA. MD had open hangars right now but the big deciding factor will be where we end up living. currently both airports are about an hour drive from where we are. I have gotten very spoiled living 5 minutes from the airport.

• Like 2