Another new guy introduction

Hello all.  TonyK here from Vermont.  I joined the forum a few weeks back to gain some insight and knowledge.  I am now ready to announce that as of today I have welcomed a new member into our family.

Ladies and Gentleman I would like to introduce Victoria.

fullsizeoutput_4b5.jpeg

• Like 15

Welcome and congratulations! I like the name Victoria too.

Mine still needs a name, but everything that I my wife and I have thought of so far just doesn't sound quite right... Maybe I should have a plane naming contest... (But not here to derail your thread, maybe I'll start one on choosing a name.)

• Like 1

Welcome to Mooney ownership Tony. I am familiar a bit with your airport as I had to divert there 4-5 years ago due to weather. There is 5-6 Mooney owners within 1.5 hour flight distance in the area that are on this forum.

Yves

Welcome Tony! She is a babe!

(I refer to my Mooney not as a member of the family but as the woman outside the house...the milf! I have also trained the wife and she's ok with her and they get along!)

You are on the right track!:D

• Like 3

My wife has been down this road before with me and airplanes.  She was actually the one who gave it a name but it was Vicky said with a petulant sneer on her face.  I thought that sounded a bit tawdry and went with Victoria but who am I kidding.  It is a 1974 and is in pretty good shape.  The engine is low time, the interior is about a 6 and the paint is around a 7.  It has several speed mods on it. nose fairing, gap seals, wing roots, single piece belly.  The avionics are a bit dated but I am ok with steam gauges so I can work with what I have for a while.  We plan on using it as a launch platform for further adventure and as a way to get warmer in one tank of fuel during the winter months and cooler in the summers.  I am going to just fly it for the first year or so until I get past the early ownership spend that always seems to happen.

IMG_1836.JPG

• Like 4

5 hours ago, PTK said:

I refer to my Mooney not as a member of the family but as the woman outside the house...the milf! 

MILF?  Just remember Peter, you can love your Mooney, but you shouldn't try to love your Mooney.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Andy95W said:

MILF?  Just remember Peter, you can love your Mooney, but you shouldn't try to love your Mooney.

Not what you think!

Mooney I Like to Fly!

• Like 7