I've been cheating

Yetti

I have to admit I've been cheating on Mooneyspace.   seems like I really want an amphibian.   I like to build stuff.  A bearhawk on floats or a volmer vj22 is what I keep coming back to.   Someone help me please.

• Like 1

Post photos and links...

Or we will be forced to find some for you... probably inverted, or sinking...

Remember, most photos get inverted here anyway...

You can always join the MS members with multiple planes club...

there are some interesting things from aerobatic homebuilts and a Turbine powered home built, to the recent acquisition of a gyrocopter, one of us has a glider...

Good luck maintaining the financial control that may be required....

Best regards,

-a-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volmer_VJ-22_Sportsman

http://mybearhawk.com/floats.html

Edited by carusoam

31 minutes ago, bonal said:

This one might need some tig welding 

image.jpeg

You are looking at reason insurance for amphibs is 3x that of sel hull value....the wiplines installed on my Husky came with a gear management system...below 70 and it's " this is a runway landing the gear is down"in a guy voice...or "this is a water landing the gear is up"plus the 4 light annunciation was 4 green for down and 4 blue for up.

21 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

How about this one?

http://www.dougronan.com/Volmer Amphibian.htm

Clarence

I like the cdn to USD conversion rate.   I have a question about older epoxy since there has been so many advancements.  The lawnmower gas tank zip tied to the engine mount is kind of a knock against their workmanship.

1 hour ago, Yetti said:

I like the cdn to USD conversion rate.   I have a question about older epoxy since there has been so many advancements.  The lawnmower gas tank zip tied to the engine mount is kind of a knock against their workmanship.

I would guess that the lawnmower tanks was used at some point to get it going??  In the picture of it actually running that tank is not there.

Clarence

4 hours ago, Yetti said:

And I bought a tig welder from Harbor freight yesterday.....

Vomer VJ22     If I had the money, I would buy a PBY in a heart beat

oldscheme2.jpg

I saw a pby about 20 years ago w turbines and an exec interior.  It was sooo cool looking...bubble windows, couch lounge, a glass bubble in front with chairs...  Recently saw a Grumman of some kind a while ago with an exec interior; not as cool as the pby, but still good.

both way outside my price range