1981 M20J restoration

The final product turned out great.  I haven't marketed it yet, so it hasn't been sold.  PM me if you want to put a deposit down on it.....  ;)  I will be posting the listing here on Mooneyspace first.  I will try to get that done this week, playing catch up from Oshkosh at the moment.

• Like 1

Personally I'm not that fond of any of today's airplane paint jobs. There is nothing timeless about them and they all look like offshore racing boats. The only thing that I like enough or better than my plain Eagle paint job is the Mooney BMW series which I might copy.

Guest Mike261
On 8/1/2017 at 3:20 PM, Bill O'Brien said:

Mike

Holy cow my plane!!  well er.. your plane.  That pic is in my hangar at spruce, incredible how clean my hangar was back then.    I hope it is treating you well, I loved that Allegro.

I am busy as ever, flying and running a leasing business.  I own planes that I lease to flight schools and as always am busy working on others. My maintenance shop is pretty busy lately and I  Hate to say it but I now have a 550 powered bona&%#@  that I fly 200 hrs a year.  not nearly as efficient for the extra 15 knots.

When you are in town, stop by, Lunch is on me.

Best

Bill

Bill,

Ive been meaning to check out spruce...looks like a good place to retire. Ill look you up.

The airplane has been as good as an airplane can be. Shes got a EDM 900 monitor and all the engine gauges are gone now. also the avionics have been reworked, GTN 750, ADSB, Remote Audio panel, Remote transponder now reside in the panel.

Funny you mention a Banana though... I would like the extra seats, Hmm.

Mike

+1 for the OP.  I love to see people injecting new life into old machines.  They really don't make them anymore. I'd buy it, but I've already got a Mooney and not enough ca$h for another.

I deal with these intellectual property squabbles frequently (not a lawyer or anything near, though I am a twice-published author), and should remind the community that what is and isn't copyright protected is usually up to the decision of a court.  While US copyright law is voluminous (and free on the web, if you'd care to look) I doubt in the strongest possible terms that it mentions airplane paint even once.  Hence whether or not there's been infringement of copyright depends on precedent, i.e. on the outcome of a court proceeding.  Like the man said, such proceedings are slow and expen$ive, and courts can act very unpredictably.  Thus I think we should all be quite a bit more polite about it.  If someone painted their airplane to look like mine I suspect I'd be flattered.  

Here's the thing, if someone sees my aircraft and decides they like it, are they supposed to unsee it?  And if they ask my permission and I say no, what kind of enforcement power do I have?  If someone told me they didn't want me to copy their paint job I'd probably do it anyway.  Its a lot of money and I want it to look like what I want.

• Like 2

Just picked up 133DB from Hawk today.  I will do a full write up (with pics) this weekend of the process, but I have to say Joe is simply the best in the business.  Wanted to show off my 82J and her new skin!

IMG_0218.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/3/2017 at 8:24 PM, 82Mike said:

Just picked up 133DB from Hawk today.  I will do a full write up (with pics) this weekend of the process, but I have to say Joe is simply the best in the business.  Wanted to show off my 82J and her new skin!

IMG_0218.JPG

Wow that looks a lot like another airplane I saw . . just kidding.

On 8/2/2017 at 9:53 AM, jclemens said:

The final product turned out great.  I haven't marketed it yet, so it hasn't been sold.  PM me if you want to put a deposit down on it.....  ;)  I will be posting the listing here on Mooneyspace first.  I will try to get that done this week, playing catch up from Oshkosh at the moment.

I sent you an inbox message about the airplane.  Please let me know what's what!