Window Sealants

Clarence I can only find one reference to that number on the internet, has it been replaced with something. It seem to be a fuel tank re sealant ( Polysulfide/
Dichromate).  Just looking at the exterior windows, Its almost a grey color now and I'm guessing its original (was black).

CS-3330 B2 is an appropriate substitute. It's what Henry Weber installed my windshield with and what I did my side windows with.

If you want an external trim brad or something tape carefully and apply a bead of black B-1/2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking for sealants recently and they are hard to find on line. My favorite sealant company went out of business. I ended up calling the parts counter at Chandler Aviation (a MSC) and they ordered them and had them the next day for a very good price.

• 1 month later...

Acetone or MEK.  I think generally once you get to using one of the thinners, Polysulfide is hard to thin and remove and the windows are going to be damaged.  Once you try taking them out, they are going to break and be damaged.  Might as well just get new windows and new sealant.   Sealing around the edges on the inside is going to trap water between the window and the alum sheeting.  Eventually it will break out or do bad things to the alum sheeting.   Injecting a bead of silicone around the edge on the outside might work better, but might not be legal.

Have not done the windows yet, just years of sealing up sail boats.

38 minutes ago, FBCK said:

So on the weekend I went out to the airport and started to remove the old sealant around the windows, it looks like hell but it doesn't seem to want to come off. Anyone have any suggestions.

I don't think there is any way to remove the sealant without physically scraping it off. You didn't say why you were trying to remove it. My opinion is that you are likely going to break them before you could get all the sealant off.

The windows are in great shape, I don't want to damage them.  The sealant is on the outside of the window, lets call it trim, similar to what you would see with the exterior windows. It cracked, old looking and has shrunk.  A guy at a shop I used to go to removed it from the front windshield and re chalked it and it looks great, three years ago.  Have have something to compare the ugly with now.