New owner of M20M N763RC

pcheli

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/4/2017 at 4:57 PM, pcheli said:

I am the new owner of N763RC.

I will be flying it home later this week.

I have been frantically reading everything I can find on the internet.

I have a lot of experience flying really high (commercial airline pilot, 23 years) and a lot flying really low (Army helicopter pilot 12 years)

Hanging out in the low FL's with a couple close friends sounds fun.

I think I am just as excited about this airplane as I was about my nickel ride on active duty (first helicopter solo flight).

N763RC comes with

1660 TT

1100 SMOH

TKS

I bought it from Jim Carter in Jonesborough TN.

If anyone out there has any knowledge of this tail number, I'd love to hear your stories.

Otherwise, as I get use to her, I'm sure I'll have lots of question.

I promise to research questions prior to throwing out the same old ones that seem to go round and round.

First question is;

Thoughts on using Savvy Mx for the books?

Mooney mx near SLC Utah, no service centers for miles away?

I have gone over the POH a few times, seems straight forward.

Thank you in advance for all your thoughts and Guidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mother Rucker as a student 1988-89

Again as an instructor at Cobra Hall 1992-94.

Now a FO for Southwest. Just bought my first Mooney, too. Hope to take delivery in a week or so.

Welcome!

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Please make up your mind on the price: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122457892330?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

https://www.trade-a-plane.com/search?category_level1=Single+Engine+Piston&make=MOONEY&model=M20M+BRAVO&listing_id=2255030&s-type=aircraft

93 Mooney Bravo Nice cheap
1x1.gif

93 MOONEY BRAVO NICE CHEAP • $115,000 • BEST DEAL EVER! • 1993 Mooney TLS Bravo Loaded w/Brand New paint in Ovation schem YES ITS THAT SHINY 1667 TT A&E . 1100 smoh Also has TKS deice system KFC 150 Auto pilot with slave HSI. SPEED BRAKES Avionics Garmin audio panel GNS 430 waas KLN 94 Color King GPS not in picture .Kx155 King DigitalCom / nav KFC 150 full Auto pilot with a slaved HSI and FULL flight director. Altitude pre select also KR87 ADF with slaved indicator, KT76a fuel totalizer GPH Stormscope Radar altimeter, Full OX system NEW TIRES and tubes New dual 24 volt Batter.dual alternators Full TKS deice system adds 30 K on factory invoice. • Contact James M. Carter, Owner - located Jonesborough, TN USA • Telephone: 423-948-9651 . • Posted April 29, 2017 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Pictures

1x1.gif

the plane lost the right wing from just outboard of the flaps when it hit a fence during take off, the pics look good but i would want to see the engineering data on the repair.

Kevin George did the repair, apparently he worked/works for Maxwell's and there are in process pics.

Brian

How do you quantify the quality of a repair like this?  Does a PPI cover this or is this over and above the normal service.  How do you determine things are straight correct?  Is flying it and determining if it meets the POH specs enough?

A record review comes first, followed by an inspection and test flight. With a big wing repair I'd probably want to jack and level the plane, and use the rigging boards and a water manometer to see if the wing is straight and true.

It is very possible to rebuild a Mooney wing and have it come out as-new, but with a history of course.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This plane had a T/O incident at central Jersey Airport a year or two ago.  I saw it while at the Mooney fly-in that I organized. The wing tip back to the aerleron got mangled.

http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2015/09/incident-occurred-september-19-2015-at_20.html

If you are buying it, know what you are doing.  If you are familiar with Tennessee and frankinplane this could be related.

A PPI by an MSC should be enough to identify and/or correct what ails it.

I didn't read anything in the ads about its history.  It is possible somebody bought it without knowing about the damage.

I didn't see NDH either...

proceed with caution.  A TKS Long Body in AW condition is often a 200amu airplane.

Some people like their NDH and will pay extra to have it.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

I'd be pretty confident of a major repair coming out of Don's shop. Not that you shouldn't do due diligence but I'd expect it to all check out.  

One of the advantages of work done at Don's shop is that Don test flies the plane after the service. And not only is he the owner, but he's flown hundreds, or maybe thousands of Mooneys, and that experience is worth a lot.

20 hours ago, orionflt said:

the plane lost the right wing from just outboard of the flaps when it hit a fence during take off, the pics look good but i would want to see the engineering data on the repair.

Kevin George did the repair, apparently he worked/works for Maxwell's and there are in process pics.

Brian

Any idea if the work was done by Maxwell,  or was the work done in the current owners hanger by someone who worked at Maxwell in the past?

was done in TN by some one who worked or works for Maxwell, saw pics of the repair during the in process, looks like quality work. did not see the 337 to see who deemed it airworthy but it does have a current annual in the log book.

Brian

12 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

I'd be pretty confident of a major repair coming out of Don's shop. Not that you shouldn't do due diligence but I'd expect it to all check out.  

One of the advantages of work done at Don's shop is that Don test flies the plane after the service. And not only is he the owner, but he's flown hundreds, or maybe thousands of Mooneys, and that experience is worth a lot.

Our airplane got hailed on in the 90s and it was repaired poorly. Don redid the repairs and did it right. Things can go wrong with wing repairs for sure.

That said, a tks bravo for 120k? I'm your huckleberry. I'd do it if I could offload the rocket and swing it 

• Like 1

Seller might be a broker - have seen a number of adds for aircraft sales with his name listed

Also note below

PARTNER WANTED • $60,000 • PARTNER WANTED • I am thinking of partnering up on my 1993 Mooney TLS bravo 1/2 ownership Nice plane. in Tn. • Contact James M. Carter, End User - located Jonesborough, TN USA • Telephone: 423-948-9651 . • Posted May 1, 2017

This plane had a T/O incident at central Jersey Airport a year or two ago.  I saw it while at the Mooney fly-in that I organized. The wing tip back to the aerleron got mangled.
http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2015/09/incident-occurred-september-19-2015-at_20.html
If you are buying it, know what you are doing.  If you are familiar with Tennessee and frankinplane this could be related.
A PPI by an MSC should be enough to identify and/or correct what ails it.
I didn't read anything in the ads about its history.  It is possible somebody bought it without knowing about the damage.
I didn't see NDH either...
proceed with caution.  A TKS Long Body in AW condition is often a 200amu airplane.
Some people like their NDH and will pay extra to have it.
Best regards,
-a-

Now I know where I saw that N number before. We saw it at 47N back in December 2015.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1