New owner of M20M N763RC

pcheli

I am the new owner of N763RC.

I will be flying it home later this week.

I have been frantically reading everything I can find on the internet.

I have a lot of experience flying really high (commercial airline pilot, 23 years) and a lot flying really low (Army helicopter pilot 12 years)

Hanging out in the low FL's with a couple close friends sounds fun.

I think I am just as excited about this airplane as I was about my nickel ride on active duty (first helicopter solo flight).

N763RC comes with

1660 TT

1100 SMOH

TKS

I bought it from Jim Carter in Jonesborough TN.

If anyone out there has any knowledge of this tail number, I'd love to hear your stories.

Otherwise, as I get use to her, I'm sure I'll have lots of question.

I promise to research questions prior to throwing out the same old ones that seem to go round and round.

First question is;

Thoughts on using Savvy Mx for the books?

Mooney mx near SLC Utah, no service centers for miles away?

I have gone over the POH a few times, seems straight forward.

Thank you in advance for all your thoughts and Guidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

If you haven't experienced it yet, that's one heck of a traveling machine, but slow down and maneuver (working on my commercial now in a long body) and you'll LOVE the way she handles. Congrats!

Congratulations! The Bravo is a phenomenal traveling machine.

I recommend spending some time on the TKS AFM supplement. TKS works really well, but it is more than a switch flip. Additionally, TKS needs regular maintenance. PM me if you would like a my procedure.

Cheers,
David

• Like 1

Welcome fellow Bravo pilot! There are a few of us here with first hand experience. If you haven't flown the long body Mooney's I'd highly recommend getting transition training, this is a conventional aircraft but it likes to flown a certain way, especially on approach and landings. Others will chime in on that I'm sure.

If you have any engine questions, I'll try to help. I've spent some time on that topic.

Have fun!

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.e5219a6087f68924e9d6c30b947d9959.jpgLooks like a great M model and a great deal to boot. I have a '93 M also. The only thing that bugged me on the pictures on this one was the poor job of painting the semi circle (arc) on the pilot's side of the tail compared to co-pilot's side. It shouldn't take that much to get that fixed. And the word "Bravo" on the wings has to go.  :)   Congratulations !!

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.e5219a6087f68924e9d6c30b947d9959.jpg58bb8b39bdc59_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.41b8dfcc7ecf35066c9d68768beb9e21.jpg

58bb8bc9bfb06_s-l1600(2).thumb.jpg.546792c1b32ca897eb8cc0ef1b377731.jpg