This Parrot May Have Flown More than You!

Today is my parrot Truman's 7th birthday so I've been going through some old videos to share. Besides the fact that he gets to fly at home every day, this parrot may have more Mooney time than some of you! :P

So take that you bird brains! And this parrot can squawk AND talk!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, 201er said:

Today is my parrot Truman's 7th birthday so I've been going through some old videos to share. Besides the fact that he gets to fly at home every day, this parrot may have more Mooney time than some of you!

So take that you bird brains! And this parrot can squawk AND talk!

So... How much would the annual be to fix all his squawks? :P

• Like 3

That's funny I thought of you today.  There was a hawk playing on the thermals.  He went 60 degrees on a turn low to the ground and had a pretty good bobble.  I said to him "woo dude keep it standard rate when low to the ground"

• Like 1

On 3/2/2017 at 5:39 PM, 201er said:

Today is my parrot Truman's 7th birthday so I've been going through some old videos to share. Besides the fact that he gets to fly at home every day, this parrot may have more Mooney time than some of you! :P

Happy Birthday Truman! Are you logging the time Mike? How much?

I log Eli's time on the iPad and he passed 180 hours last week just a few months shy of 5 years old. He particularly enjoyed his visit to Washington DC!

Still I'm betting that Truman's got him beat by a wide margin!

IMG_4661.JPG

• Like 1

I log Eli's time on the iPad and he passed 180 hours last week just a few months shy of 5 years old. He particularly enjoyed his visit to Washington DC!

IMG_4661.thumb.JPG.cda3bbfbc124fa2348e28f3f0a052cfc.JPG

I understand there are some logbook issues going on with Truman. Apparently Truman feels he can log PIC time when he is flying around in Mike's cabin while Mike is acting as PIC. Waiting for the FAA General Counsel's guidance on the matter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Also, do you have to remind Eli to "keep your dirty paws off of the controls!"?

Nope he's banished to the rear seat only, and I sewed up a custom Naugahyde seat cover just in case. So far he's been accident-free, though last week he passed a seriously-offensive bolus of gas that worried me for a minute. Either that, or my wife was lying when she blamed the dog.

PLEASE don't let her see this post.:blink: 

• Like 4

Nope he's banished to the rear seat only, and I sewed up a custom Naugahyde seat cover in case just in case. So far he's been accident-free, though last week he passed a seriously-offensive bolus of gas that worried me for a minute. Either that, or my wife was lying when she blamed the dog.
PLEASE don't let her see this post.:blink: 

I've flown a number of Pilots N Paws flights. Dogs in flight = some of the most rancid gas I've ever smelled.

• Like 1

Following the last two posts I suspect that you and I are the only two individuals still reading this thread. LOL. Perhaps you should post a pic of one of your favorite ladies just for good measure.

I've gotta stop. I'm getting death threats. What the heck! What a cute little doggie!

f70f8d47bf541aa97ef67a222cc5d658.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cnoe said:

Nah, I don't log it specifically although I'd probably be able to figure it out from my videos and logbook. I don't think it is quite as much as Eli. I'm actually a bit sparing as to how much I take the birds flying in the plane because I am a bit concerned about potential unknown health side effects (noise, stress, vibration, hypoxia). There is no ear protection or oxygen systems available for that size. So I do take them occasionally for fun or for trips where they are relevant (mostly for work where they will be performing). I figure that airplane flying in moderation shouldn't be too harmful.

The reasons I suspect it is less harmful to birds than to mammals are:

-No third ear bone, more primitive hearing

-Stronger cardio respiratory system

But since they aren't well known, I take them in moderation. Anyone know more about the impact of airplane noise on hearing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

I understand there are some logbook issues going on with Truman. Apparently Truman feels he can log PIC time when he is flying around in Mike's cabin while Mike is acting as PIC. Waiting for the FAA General Counsel's guidance on the matter.

The FAA is having a hard time believing that Truman is a TSOed squawk box. They insist that I'm going to need a 337 as he isn't using a WAAS input from an approved position source for his extended squatter.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

love this thread.  Makes me smile everytime I read it.  We just need Mikes Parrots on the Fat ladies shoulders while she gets her money out of the ATM. And all will be well

I think you and I have a very different definition of "All will be well..." :wacko:

• Like 1

On 3/4/2017 at 4:49 PM, 201er said:

The FAA is having a hard time believing that Truman is a TSOed squawk box. They insist that I'm going to need a 337 as he isn't using a WAAS input from an approved position source for his extended squatter.

So say Truman weighs 8 oz and he is flying inside the cabin.Does his 8 oz get added or subtracted?

• Like 1

Just now, thinwing said:

So say Truman weighs 8 oz and he is flying inside the cabin.Does his 8 oz get added or subtracted?

He must displace the weight with his own lift and that would have some very small effect on the gross weight.  This gets into a level of physics and advanced math that goes way beyond me.  Any takers

In a closed system it doesn't matter, his 8 oz should be added, if flying he still is putting a downward force via air of 8 oz.

Balance is the real issue, with him moving around.

If he sticks his left wing out the pilot window, then it gets complicated, frankly I don't think he can fly otherwise he would have probably left already, probably tired of doing stupid tricks for his owner that feeds him birdseed.

Well - I took up my young puppy Strava (9 months) on Sunday for the first time ...and I don't think she liked it.  But the problem could have just as likely have been the harness I put on her for the seatbelt.  That made here quite nervous.  I put just the harness on her yesterday to get her used to it, just around the house, and she was sulking in it all evening.  But I am hoping once she gets used to that harness, then she will like flying with me, since she certainly likes driving with me, but up until now I wasn't making her wear a harness there.

IMG_0362.JPG

IMG_0369.JPG

Did she poop in her britches?

There are a few plausible explanations. One is she is wearing a pair of Depends. The second she did indeed poop her pants (unlikely since there is no obvious staining -- at least at the time the picture was taken). The third explanation is that she actually has a second dog and sat on it earlier in the the day. The fourth and what I believe to be the case, she isn't a woman at all but rather a cow. And what we are viewing is an utter.