Foreflight Legal for IFR Navigation?

2 minutes ago, RobertGary1 said:

Are you referring to enroute or approach?

Yes, approach.   Hence my "...for the few approaches that do have..." 

Though most of those visual segments at the end are pretty short.  So you better be damn fast with that sextant if you want to use it before you actually have to land!!!  :lol:

Edited by PeteMc
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, RobertGary1 said:

Are you referring to enroute or approach?. Yes a sextant is 100% legal for enroute ifr navigation.  

I have one. They quit printing the air almanac in 1999. You can still download the tables. Maybe we should suggest that ForeFlight have the sight reduction tables available.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe I should throw the sextant in the hat rack in case the GPS and VOR and ATC radar all go down.

I still have a slide rule in my office incase the power goes out, and my laptop battery dies, and the sun stops shining to power my solar calculator.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I still have a slide rule in my office incase the power goes out, and my laptop battery dies, and the sun stops shining to power my solar calculator.

My calculator, which I've had since college, runs on batteries. Most solar ones are simple 4-function units that arr pretty useless for work.

1 hour ago, Hank said:

My calculator, which I've had since college, runs on batteries. Most solar ones are simple 4-function units that arr pretty useless for work.

Mine is a TI-34C it is a full scientific and programming calculator. I still use it every day.

4 hours ago, Hank said:

+1 that I've had some good TI and Casio scientific calculators that were solar.    Unfortunately HP never made a solar calculator.   :(