Cabin door pin

ArtVandelay

I see there is a kit for all Mooneys 940072-501 that's suppose to help keep door closed. My upper leading edge isn't quite flush and I'm wondering if this is fix.

Does anybody have this installed and do you have a picture? Any guidance on it's effectiveness and ease of installation?

TIA

I have the pin installed on my J (and my prior Mooneys). Works great - LASAR did the installations. I believe I previously posted a photo on MS.

I checked your Images on MS, no joy, pix of door doesn't clearly show it but I don't see it. Googling you and cabin door pin also proved fruitless.

I also added the pin. It doesn't so much pull your door tighter as it keeps it from pulling up and out in flight. There's some serious velocity in that area and with that, low pressure trying to pull the door away from the cabin. The pin holds the door down. 

Mine didn't fit well from the factory. The door skin protruded a little. Before painting I raised the Cabin skin a little with some filler and got the door really flush. 

image.jpg