M20J Interior

Just finished this M20J interior-pics are attached.

Cut lower panels and replaced with FAA grade .060 Boltaron thermo plastic-no screws! Fastened with 3M Dual lock from the airplane frame. This provides easy access for maintenance and eliminates unsightly holes that tend to spread with age and vibration. Elimination of side arm rests have has expanded the tight Mooney cockpit.

High grade Vinyl Flite floor(same stuff used on air carriers) backed up with 1/4 inch ensolite for sound proofing/insulation/comfort. I like the clean look!

Glare shield repaired and covered with steam stretched leather with leading edge stitching-huge improvement!

Project completed in a week-cost on this one was just North of 3K.  On to the next one...

Rico
Flying Bull Frog LLC

M20J_Interior.pptx

Edited by Flyin Bullfrog
  • Like 4

Hello Pat-appreciate the comment. Do this as "therapy" as I approach a 40 yr mil retirement this year.

I use a local vendor for the Boltaron-Norva plastics.  Kydex can also be used. The Floor can be bought SCS Interiors or Omnavia Interiors-they are both good companies. Both of these sources will certificates of conformance for purchased matl. I have made various large templates for this type work-they make the matl manageable before a final fitting. Lots of contortionist work to get it right:)

Take care

Rico

Edited by Flyin Bullfrog