BatteryMinder set up

NotarPilot

I've been using a BatteryMinder for almost fives years and use the wires with terminal rings and a fuse to attach it directly to the battery.  I fished the wire through an existing whole into the baggage compartment.  I never had an issue with this.  My buddy bought one for his 182 and asked me how I have mine set up. He tells me the BatteryMinder company says the wires I use (which came with my BatteryMinder when I bought it) are not approved for FAA certified aircraft and the website says I need to buy the BatteryMinder interface kit. Is this true? Have I had my set up wrong this whole time?

BatteryMinder airframe interface kit.

48 minutes ago, Godfather said:

When my IA installed the unit he used those exact connections (this was many years ago before the kit was available) and they have worked flawlessly. My connection is through the TKS door...I have two connectors, one on each side of the fill port, one for each battery. 

I set mine up through the O2 door and in the avionics bay I put a batteryminder 210-AY to split to both batteries. One Batteryminder to charge and desulfate two batteries works well.

I've been using a BatteryMinder for almost fives years and use the wires with terminal rings and a fuse to attach it directly to the battery.  I fished the wire through an existing whole into the baggage compartment.  I never had an issue with this.  My buddy bought one for his 182 and asked me how I have mine set up. He tells me the BatteryMinder company says the wires I use (which came with my BatteryMinder when I bought it) are not approved for FAA certified aircraft and the website says I need to buy the BatteryMinder interface kit. Is this true? Have I had my set up wrong this whole time?
BatteryMinder airframe interface kit.

The wires that come with the BatteryMinder are not FAA approved for permanent installation. The kit you referenced is the kit with FAA approved quick disconnects and attachment hardware for the battery. I bought one a few months ago, just haven't installed it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

BM has two interface kits...

The low buck kit uses PVC coated wires perfect for experimentals. The high Buck kit uses more certified aviation friendly coatings...

BMIK2...  battery minder interface kit 2... yep, I called the company directly to get that answer...

Its almost fun being me... :)

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam
  • Like 1