old air induction duct: repair or toss?

Several years ago, we replaced the rubber duct that runs between the air intake box and the fuel servo in our M20F.  This part is the subject of multiple threads here on MS, involving cost, quality, availability, and the wisdom of repair vs. replacement.  We replaced ours because the old one was torn, had been sloppily repaired with RTV, and was coming apart again.

Our replacement duct is working fine, but I'm starting this thread to solicit input on what to do with the old one.  It's been sitting in a box in the hangar, for no other reason than it seemed like a bad idea at the time to just throw it away.  Climate around here is such that it hasn't deteriorated any further that I can tell.  Theoretically it could be repaired and held as a backup, especially since there's no urgency for a "quick fix", and a replacement might not be available in the future.  But if we really cared about having a hot backup, we could order a new one from LASAR or Mooney or whatever vendor has them in stock today.

What say the denizens of MooneySpace: repair or toss?  If the former, what's the best, no-apologies repair technique, and is it even worth the trouble?

I could build a airplane with the spare parts I have accumulated over the years. I'd save it for the next Mad Max Mooney construction project!!

Personally, I don't think there is a legal repair. One can get crafty with some fiberglass cloth and some high end silicone. I'd still save the part!!

-Matt

Pitch it! My theory is if you thought it could have been repaired, it would still be in service. Patching one that is starting to fail to buy a little time is one thing, but it's already started to deteriorate so repairs will be ongoing. I'm all for repairing vs replacing if it cost effective (money/time) and if the outcome is as good or better than original......