engine mount gusset installation

57 minutes ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I had LASER put them on the mount on my F about twenty years ago. Any decent welder could do it.

Very true, but any repair or alteration to the engine mount is a major repair or alteration thus must accompany the proper paperwork from either a repair station like Lasar or have an IA file a 337 using the SB as the approved data for the alteration. Possibly since the alteration is done by the manufacturers drawing its no longer a major alteration.   But I would do a little investigating and maybe the SB even addresses this (I haven't read it). My only point is that the approval may need more than just a log book entry as a minor alteration.

1 hour ago, kortopates said:

Very true, but any repair or alteration to the engine mount is a major repair or alteration thus must accompany the proper paperwork from either a repair station like Lasar or have an IA file a 337 using the SB as the approved data for the alteration. Possibly since the alteration is done by the manufacturers drawing its no longer a major alteration.   But I would do a little investigating and maybe the SB even addresses this (I haven't read it). My only point is that the approval may need more than just a log book entry as a minor alteration.

It is a straight forward 337. Cant imagine anyone having an issue with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone.  Both Aerospace Welding in MN and Aero Engine Mount in NY quoted $650 to clean, inspect, install gussets and repaint.  Since our overhaul is being done in NY we went with Aero Engine Mount since the shipping will be less.  I will let you know how it turned out.

• Like 3