Hartzell Prop

Gini

1 hour ago, Gini said:

there are no log books this prop is new and never on an aircraft. please call John for details 8152102675

The hub should have a logbook that came from Hartzell. If you didn't get one when you purchased it, you need to get with your supplier to get the logbook. It will keep the prop from having only ferry or salvage value.

• 4 months later...

I have a C-172 with a hub that falls under the AD 2009-22-03 and need to replace. Anyone know where to get 100 hr eddy current inspections, no one seems to do them anymore? I am in the Oshkosh, WI area. Does this prop have an AD for the hub cracking and if not could it be used in a C172 with O-360 A1A  Lycoming constant speed prop conversion?

I'm impressed that you have a c172 with a constant speed prop. I did that conversion on a c175 and it almost made it a C182. The AD will still apply to this propeller. Without overhaul records or logs, the propeller his priced extreamly high. This propellller with logs and fresh overhaul might be worth that, but most would pony up for the non AD hub or the newer  scimitar. 

Our non suffix hub was scrapped due to ware. Never cracked, or corroded. It was ancient. S/N CH81.

-Matt

It is evident  , that this is not a "B" suffix hub , meaning it is subject to ECI inspections under AD , Also if you look at the bolts in the pics , they show signs of being removed , Without a current logbook , it is buyer beware , Also Hartzell has been using the B hubs since 1998 , so this description is inaccurate at best , at worst its a total lie......Prop is at least 20 years old.....http://hartzellprop.com//wp-content/uploads/2012/12/SB227-R06-W.pdf

• 4 weeks later...