Plane Purchase Website

Lowbid

I remember reading a forum where somebody described a website which keeps track of planes for sale, their historical prices as they fall (or rise) and how long they have been on the market...

Please reply if you can help... thanks.

Sounds like Zillow, but for airplanes....

where this idea falls between the cracks....

- Zillow is for real estate.

- real estate sales data is recorded by the local government.

- Zillow collects it and makes a living by selling advertisements to people reading the data.

- Airplane sales information is only available to the person buying or selling the plane.

- no government organization is involved with buying and selling airplanes.

- no chance of looking the data up or reading about it because it doesn't readily exist.

- All American Aircraft has been able to publish price guidelines because they have actual knowledge of planes that actually sell.

- adjustments for time and location are even more challenging...

Best regards,

-a-

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.aso.com/Aircraft_For_Sale.aspx?act_id=Single_Engine_Pistons

I'm not really sure how accurate it is for what you are looking for. What I did and I know others have done when looking to purchase a plane is to keep a log of what is on the market. Excel is great for something like this. I trolled all the usual planes for sale websites and I had a spreadsheet that I kept that had all the Mooney C-F's that fit my price range and columns for everything about the plane from the equipment they had, to time on the engine/prop, etc... I put a link to their ads on whatever sites they were on and kept track of the asking price, when/if the price dropped and by how much, and when they went off the market, presumably sold. I did that for I think around six months or so. That gave a good feel for what they were currently going for and when I was finally ready to buy I had a good idea of what I could afford and what I wanted to offer on different planes.

On 2/18/2017 at 11:01 AM, Lowbid said:

I remember reading a forum where somebody described a website which keeps track of planes for sale, their historical prices as they fall (or rise) and how long they have been on the market...

Please reply if you can help... thanks.

Aviongoo.com

to get all the info you need a premium subscription

As an example here's what comes up on your airplane:

58aa83a98875f_ScreenShot2017-02-19at11_46_36PM.thumb.png.ec70e2452fb22a9c0cad81cb9b7f3987.png

Aviongoo was the one I remember...thanks.   Keeping track of planes on your short list via xcel spreadsheet is also a great idea...thank you.

I will post pics on my gallery.  Plane will be going on the market soon.