Slight Forum Rearrangement

StevenL757

All - thought I'd post this to stimulate some thinking about possibly asking to have two of this site's forums reorganized slightly.

Specifically, after chatting with the administrators, I'd like to start a poll that asks your opinions about renaming/reorganizing the following forums...

1.  Revise the Modern Mooney Discussion to read "This forum is for discussing Mooney models starting with the M20L up to today's newest models".  Presently, it includes "...starting with the M20J...".

2.  Revise the Vintage Mooney Discussion to read "This forum is for discussion specific to Mooneys built before the model "L" era".  Presently, it includes "pre-J" models. 

A few thoughts driving this:  In addition to having the new "U" and "V" models out, there appear to be more similarities between the "J", "K", and other models in the "Vintage" section than "L", "M", and later models....mainly body length.  It seems to make sense to start the "Modern" section's discussion criteria with "L" and later models.  I think both forums would benefit from the adjustments in model re-groupings; with the end-goal of both groups being more closely-aligned in discussion threads from all angles - operators, owners, maintenance, and enthusiasts' perspectives.

The actual polling tool on here leaves little to no room for explaining the purpose, so thought I'd raise here.  I'll post the poll on this forum.

Regards, Steve

• Like 1

Start the Poll, Steven!

and copy your paragraph as the first post at the bottom of the poll.

The biggest differences in our plane's come in three areas...

-airframe length.  Small, medium, and large...aka short, mid and long body.

-engine power. NA'd, or pressurized...  NA has carbs and fuel injectors,  pressurized gets TCs and TNs

-instrument power. Analog, semiglass, and all glass

Good luck getting everyone to agree on something.

Some of us just read it all...

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam

If you're gonna do that, then make it 3 forums: short, mid, and long bodies. A J has as much in common with a C as with an O. Personally, I don't want to miss any model specific discussions pertaining to J/Ks. I don't care too much about carbureted engines or 300hp turbos. Sure it can be entertaining and sometimes I stop by. But unless it's "Mooney General", then I only find relevance in J discussions. Maybe you can add this option to the poll?

• Like 4

Personally IMO There are too many unnecessary forums now. Plus I disagree with the premise for re-drawing the line.
The simple fact is, the forum designation has very little to do with the content posted and the direction threads go. The more you try to define boundaries the more meaningless they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kortopates said:

Personally IMO There are too many unnecessary forums now. Plus I disagree with the premise for re-drawing the line.
The simple fact is, the forum designation has very little to do with the content posted and the direction threads go. The more you try to define boundaries the more meaningless they are.

Yeah, what Paul said... and exactly why I voted No.

• Like 2

And here I thought the sections in this forum match the general model references across the Mooney world, where "Pre-J" is a very common appellation. For Mooneyspace to deviate from that now would only cause confusion to our many visitors and new members.

P.S.--Microsoft makes software that is unreliable and crashes often for no reason; I've never heard that could plaintiff about Lotus automobiles, regardless of their perceived reliability. I'd love to have one! (As long as I can still keep my Jaguar V12 convertible I  the garage.  :P )

Personally, I would like to see sections more pertinent to topics rather than whether the plane is short, mid or long body. Something along the lines of "engine troubleshooting", "electronic troubleshooting", "plane maintenance", etc. There are a number of good topics buried in the general categories but are difficult to find. And this leads to reposting of the same topic over and over again.

Or we could go extreme and have a topic for all those near and dear topics:

"AoA", "LOP or ROP?", "Looking to buy a Mooney", "Garmin vs. Aspen", "Skinny vs. Fat Women". :lol:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Personally, I would like to see sections more pertinent to topics rather than whether the plane is short, mid or long body. Something along the lines of "engine troubleshooting", "electronic troubleshooting", "plane maintenance", etc. There are a number of good topics buried in the general categories but are difficult to find. And this leads to reposting of the same topic over and over again.

"AoA", "LOP or ROP?", "Looking to buy a Mooney", "Garmin vs. Aspen", "Skinny vs. Fat Women". :lol:

Maybe we could find stuff easier if folks weren't allowed to post 11,000 times. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Marauder said:

+1

We could even have a section for people to post crazy political crap.  Maybe call it "Raves and Rants" or something like that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Andy95W said:

+1

We could even have a section for people to post crazy political crap.  Maybe call it "Raves and Rants" or something like that.

No, call that place "Hell", and if we have to have it, make it require a separate sign in so people don't accidentally end up there!

I thought this was resolved last month . . . . And I only have 7500 posts since Oct 2008.

Edited by Hank
  • Like 1

Raptor is the young gun, single, midnight worker... known for photographing the restoration of his C/D.

201er, the pants man, is a young newlywed... known for videoing IR flights from Canada to Cuba, including Central America.

Both got surprises when they first purchased their machines.  One got tanks, and the other got a cam...

Everyone gets challenges, it's how you handle them is what counts...

Go MS!

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam