Been a while.

Lood

Hi all. Well, it's been a while since I've posted here and I must admit that I'm really missing Mooneyspace!

Anyhow, due to requirements, I've silently gone over to the dark side and bought a Beech V35B in August last year. Magnificent airplane that meets my requirements 100%, but I'd be lying if I said that I don't miss my trusty M20F. Mooney's really are very, very special and one of a kind. 

One day, when it's only my wife and myself left flying, I would still like to fulfill my longtime dream and get an Ovation!

Thanks guys. 

Yes, the Ovation is also way out of my league at the moment, but I am working at it! Unfortunately, my children got to an age and size where my F couldn't carry the four of us with full tanks anymore. My regular trip between the farms calls for at least 55 gal of fuel, but our weight became too much and I wasn't able to do the return trip without refueling along the way. I must admit that only it's speed saves the Bonanza on this particular flght. It can carry my family, with luggage and full tanks, but were this flight only slightly longer, the 74 gallons would not have been enough. 

Compared to my F, (which is absolutely unfair!) the Bonanza only burns 2 gal more over this 570 nm, but it cuts the total flying time with up to 1h30min. I'm also rather concerned about how much more the Bonanza is going to set me back with maintenance, but I guess that's part of the deal. 

31 minutes ago, 1964-M20E said:

Welcome back and we will forgive your transgressions into the Beech world.  Your plane needs to fulfill your mission requirements and you are still flying something.:)

But if you'd bought a Cirrus, we wouldn't be quite so forgiving... 

:)